Job title: Purchasing & Planning Specialist
Job description: Overview
Pactiv Evergreen Inc. (NASDAQ: PTVE) is a leading manufacturer and distributor of fresh foodservice and food merchandising products and fresh beverage cartons in North America and certain international markets. It supplies its products to a broad and diversified mix of companies, including full service restaurants and quick service restaurants, foodservice distributors, supermarkets, grocery and healthy eating retailers, other food stores, food and beverage producers, food packers and food processors. To learn more about the company, please go to the company website at pactivevergreen.com.
Located about 9 miles from Augusta, GA, Beech Island is an unincorporated community in Aiken County, South Carolina. According to tradition, the community was first named “Beech Highland” on account of its lofty elevation, and over time the H was dropped, causing the present name to be adopted.The plant is actually in Jackson, SC and is about 10 miles from the famous Augusta National Golf Course, home to the Masters Tournament.
Pactiv Evergreen is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Pactiv Evergreen is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age national origin, physical or mental disability, genetic information, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics or statuses protected by law. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please call (847) 482-4320 or email [email protected]
All information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines and applicable laws.
The Purchasing and Planning Specialist is responsible for the purchasing of materials to support the site production schedule and assisting the Master Scheduler in the day to day activities of Production Schedule Management.
- Monitor and maintain inventory levels and safety stocks as outlined by Master Scheduler.
- Maintain daily and weekly reports on production planning and inventory management.
- Responsible for non-poly purchasing from PO placement to delivery: generating requisitions, PO creation, PO follow-up, goods receipt confirmation.
- Analyze MRP requirements and apply judgment to determine optimal quantity in releasing orders.
- Act as back-up to Master Scheduler when required.
- Works to resolve material issues while achieving and maintaining inventory business metrics.
- Support Master Scheduler with physical count of materials.
- Performs other related duties, as required.
- BA/BS degree preferred
- 2+ years of related experience.
- SAP experience strongly preferred
- Able to manage several projects at one time.
- Computer skills, including MS Office Suite, especially Excel.
- Good organizational skills, and detail focused on results.
- Must possess good written and verbal communication skills, decision making ability and mathematical knowledge.
- For Internal Applicants, must also have:
- Must have acceptable work and attendance record:
- Have not received a Step 2 disciplinary action in the last 12 months
- No more than 5 absences (incidents) in the past 12 months rolling period
Location: Jackson, SC
Job date: Fri, 17 Jun 2022 06:03:35 GMT
Apply for the job now!