Job title: Property Management – Service Manager
Company: D.R. Horton
Job description: D.R. Horton, Inc., the largest homebuilder in the U.S., was founded in 1978 and is a publicly traded company on the New York Stock Exchange. It is engaged in the construction and sale of high quality homes designed principally for the entry-level and first time move-up markets. The Company also provides mortgage financing and title services for homebuyers through its mortgage and title subsidiaries. Please visit our website at for more information.
DHI Communities is a multifamily development division of D.R. Horton, Inc.
DHI Communities is currently looking for a Service Manager-PM. The right candidate will maintain our Build-To-Rent communities and deliver a high level of customer satisfaction. Facilitate all customer warranty requests, whether by making the actual repairs or scheduling subcontractors to make repairs. The Service Manager is responsible for the maintenance of the community, including community inspections, repairs, general maintenance and turn process, as well as, proactively resolving customer issues prior to and after the move-in of the resident(s).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Evaluate resident repair issues to determine if they are warrantable items
- Process and complete written or electronic work orders and/or verbal requests from residents for home repairs
- Perform necessary repairs to homes such as (but not limited to) carpentry work, drywall, texture repair and painting
- Schedule and manage subcontractors to make designated warranty and make ready/turn repairs
- Certify warranty work is completed within contractor obligations
- Follow up with homeowners to ensure concerns are addressed in a timely and professional manner and satisfaction of work is met. Solicit online reviews to increase profit of company
- Process charge-back documentation and invoices
- Maintain an essential and necessary inventory of parts and supplies needed to perform customary work
- Register and track warranty status for all applicable items
- Complete construction and acceptance walks on ready homes to ensure the highest quality standards are met, using checklists to document items to rectify and sign-off on acceptance as management representative
- Field emergency service calls when on call during nights and weekends
- Manage the move-out turn process, including the physical move-out and exchange of keys, identifying repairs, turn cost estimates, and vendor selection
- Conduct move in and out orientation process including condition of home and arranges for any work to be done as identified during move in inspection
- Maintain the grounds, common areas, and amenities. Some examples include picking up trash and debris, pressure-washing, performing general cleaning, and painting curbs and signage
- Conducts all business in a professional and ethical manner to serve customers and increase the goodwill and profit of the company.
- Effectively communicate with various support teams to ensure quality documentation, reporting and community performance
- Ability to be on-call for emergency services after hours
- Ability to travel overnight
- Supervises 2 or more employees
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Five to seven years related experience, including carpentry work, drywall, texture repair and painting
- Must have a vehicle capable of carrying supplies, valid driver’s license, personal supply of general tools, and be willing to drive among designated communities in daytime and nighttime
- Ability to work independently and be productive without supervision
- Ability to utilize DHI Residential warranty applications on a smart phone, tablet, or laptop
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral form or via DHI Residential warranty applications
- Proficiency with MS Office and email
- Ability to stand and walk for 4 hours straight or up to a full 8-hour day; sit for extended periods; kneel and bend at the waist; climb, balance and stoop, crouch or crawl; walk up and down stairs; walk on unlevel terrain; use hands to fingers to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance, color vision and peripheral vision
- Regular exposure to outside weather conditions, moving mechanical parts, high precarious places and risk of electrical shock
- Prior experience as a Service Manager in Residential/Property Management preferred
- Experience with minor electrical, plumbing and HVAC repair work preferred
- Community onboarding and disposition experience is a plus
Come join a winning team with a Fortune 500 company! We are growing fast and are looking for enthusiastic attitudes and team players to join our success. We offer an excellent benefits package including:
- Medical, Vision and Dental
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Flex Spending Accounts
- Life Insurance
- Vacation, Sick, Personal Time and Company Holidays
Build YOUR future with D.R. Horton, America’s Builder.
us on social media @hortoncareers for an inside look at our company and connect with us on LinkedIn for up to date job listings!
LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram
Location: Hutto, TX
Job date: Sat, 09 Jul 2022 07:43:43 GMT
Apply for the job now!