Job title: Property Accountant – Mixed Use Real Estate
Job description: Company Description
Morguard is a fully integrated real estate company. We strategically invest in high-quality, well-located, multifamily assets across North America and our onsite teams are critical to our Communities’ success.
Morguard is now hiring Property Accountant to support our mixed-use real estate portfolio from our Corporate Office in Pompano Beach, Florida. In this role, you will support the full charge accounting for real estate investments which have both multifamily and commercial real estate entities.
We’re looking for you
If you’re well-versed in general ledger accounting for multiple entities on a regional scale. Previous experience with real estate operations, expenses, and income are beneficial.
We need your strong work ethic, attention to detail, personal motivation to do your best, and a good foundation in accounting principles, organization, and computer proficiency.
Scope of work:
This position is a non-exempt (Hourly), permanent role and will be eligible for overtime at time and a half as well as an annual bonus potential of 5.5% the annualized salary. Our hours of operation typically extend from 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM however the selected candidate must be available to work overtime hours as needed. Specifically to meet our quarterly end closeout deadlines.
Our office is conveniently located in Pompano Beach just south of Atlantic Avenue and in close proximity to both the Turnpike and I-95 highways. We have an excellent office culture of inclusion, unexpected snack foods, and themed pumpkin/gingerbread house decorating contests during the holidays. But most of all we work to foster a professional environment full of good people who are good at their jobs.
From our Corporate offices you’ll support and work with onsite property management teams across the US.
Some of your responsibilities include:
- Responsible for maintenance/oversight of the day-to-day general ledger transactions, including drafting and input of journal entries, liaising with other departments, accountants, managers, controllers in order to maintain an accurate and transparent accounting process. Responsible to maintain fixed asset ledgers, to include entry into FAS software, which then in turn calculates depreciation. Preparation of annual billings and CAM reconciliations as deemed necessary by tenant’s lease agreement.
- Prepare and review a variety of financial reports/statements including but not limited to the monthly/quarterly financial statements and related reporting packages, exception reports, annual budget and forecast, to ensure completeness and accuracy of head office transactions as well as the completeness, accuracy & integrity of statements/reports.
Reconciliation and Compliance:
- Prepares and when assigned, reviews monthly/quarterly accounting, compliance and vendor/tenant reconciliations and in addition to identifying any discrepancies works with the appropriate individuals to resolve to ensure completeness, accuracies, and integrity of statements. Participates in the filing of regulatory documents.
- Quarterly & Annual Audit Process: Assists with the audit processes through the preparation and compilation of the working papers and financial statements in addition to helping resolve external audit queries.
- Annual Forecast and Budget Process: Assists Property Managers and Accounting Managers during the annual forecast and budgeting process.
Additional Corporate Accounting Duties:
- Assists or completes ad hoc projects assigned by Manager or Comptroller (ex. assisting with the research, development and implementation of emerging technical accounting requirements or processes) to ensure that the corporate finance group is complying with current standards and is prepared for any changes to such standards in the future.
Experience & Strengths you’ll need:
- College diploma in Accounting or Business Administration. Current or future pursuit of an Accounting Designation a plus
- Minimum of two years of accounting experience within the Multi-family or Commercial Real Estate Industry.
- Full understanding of accounting concepts – general understanding of US GAAP and IFRS is an asset
- Excellent proficiency with Microsoft Excel and computer proficiency to learn and work within property management accounting software. Previous experience with Yardi Voyager is a plus
- Detail-oriented individual who is comfortable working independently and enjoys performing as a team player within a positive environment
- Highly organized individual with consistent follow-through as well as strong analytical and problem-solving skills
Why you should join Morguard
At Morguard, our employees are our greatest investment. We make people our priority and strive to create a culture of respect, health and safety, and equal opportunity to support employees to meet their goals.
When you join Morguard, you join a strong and committed team and will have access to:
- Employer Provided Medical Insurance Options
- Excellent culture that supports a work-life balance with time off for Summer Hours, Vacation, Personal, Sick Leave, and Paid Holidays
- Education Reimbursement Program
- Dollar for dollar matching 401k Savings Plan with immediate vesting
- Opportunity to live onsite within portfolio with our Employee Discount
+This job description is intended to describe the nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. It is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities required of the job. Job descriptions may also be rewritten periodically to reflect any changes in the position’s duties.
Morguard is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Location: Pompano Beach, FL
Job date: Thu, 21 Jul 2022 22:34:59 GMT
Apply for the job now!