Job title: Project Manager – Building Assessment
Company: AEI Consultants
Job description: Description :
Project Manager – Building Assessment
Location: Flexible/remote within Michigan
AEI Consultants is currently seeking a Project Manager to join our expanding Building Assessment division. As a Project Manager, your primary responsibilities will include performing Property Condition Assessments of existing commercial properties, monitoring new construction or renovation projects, and assisting with energy and ADA audits. Working knowledge of these specialty services is a plus. Experience in performing Property Condition Assessments and writing technical reports is a plus.
The Project Manager position is a unique opportunity that will expose you to all building types and all building systems. You will have the opportunity to assess and report on the property condition of various commercial projects such as multifamily residential, office, hospitality, retail, industrial, educational, religious, educational, recreational, medical, and assisted living property types, as well as manufactured housing and marinas. The project manager should be familiar with the performance of building and site systems. A candidate for this position should have a background in architecture, engineering, building forensics, or construction management. A college degree in one of these disciplines as well as industry experience is required. Property condition assessment work requires technical writing proficiency, photography skills, understanding of cost estimating for general budget purposes.
Within Construction Risk Management, the Project Manager will assist our clients in identifying construction risks and keep them informed as to a project’s construction status. This is an exciting position. No other position will expose you to all of the intricacies and stakeholders of the real estate development and delivery process. You will work on various commercial projects such as residential, office, hospitality, retail, and distribution/warehousing.
Responsibilities for the project manager will include the following:
- Make forensic assessment of major building systems and distressed conditions;
- Take photos of site and building system conditions;
- Conduct basic interviews and research covering property maintenance history;
- Make recommendations for maintenance and probable costs for building systems using our cost and recommendation libraries;
- Write clear and concise condition and status reports using our in-house report templates;
- Conduct public records research regarding building, zoning, and fire code violations;
- Conduct periodic site visits to: monitor construction, review contractors’ requisitions for payment, and recommend the release of construction funds;
- Observe general compliance of as-built conditions with the contract drawings and specifications;
- Review construction schedules, trade payment breakdowns, job cost reports, and payment requisitions;
- Manage multiple projects;
- Capable of managing stairs as well as two- or three-story ladders;
- Work as a team member, utilizing the experience and knowledge of senior authors who will review and critique your reports before delivery to our clients;
- Deliver outstanding client service with timely responses and proactive solutions.
We are seeking a professional, dedicated, enthusiastic individual with the following experience, skills and attributes:
- Bachelor’s degree in architecture, engineering or construction management required;
- Certification as either a Professional Engineer or Registered Architect preferred;
- Previous construction administration, construction management, architecture, engineering or similar experience;
- 2+ years of experience performing PCAs and related projects required;
- Knowledge and experience in assessing various property types preferred;
- Knowledge of the entitlement/permitting process and construction delivery methods and agreements;
- Familiarity with construction best practices, general building codes, and various building types;
- Passion for being detail oriented and organized;
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, and Outlook;
- Advanced writing and communication skills;
- Personable and able to communicate with people at all levels;
- Willingness to travel if necessary;
- Self-starter, resourceful, and the ability to work productively and independently on multiple projects at a time under strict deadlines with guidance from senior staff;
- Ability to occasionally climb ladders to access two and three story, low-slope roofs;
- Capable of working outside and navigating stairs, sites, and building interiors;
- Willingness to travel;
- Experience with Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, or HUD guidelines and Property Needs Assessments a plus.
- The work environment will be both indoors and outdoors. Indoor work takes place in a typical office setting. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Outdoor work requires the ability to effectively perform work in all types of weather conditions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands and fingers to manipulate, handle or reach; and talk or hear. The employee may occasionally be required to stand, walk, balance, kneel or crouch. The employee may be required to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to focus.
AEI Consultants is an employee-owned international consulting firm that provides comprehensive services to commercial lenders, property owners, managers, tenants, and developers, industries, institutions, government agencies, and insurers, including many Fortune 500 companies. These services include environmental, property and facility assessments, zoning and energy consulting, site investigation and remediation, industrial hygiene, and construction risk management. Founded in 1992, AEI is based in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices across the United States and Europe. For more information about AEI Consultants, or to find an office near you, visit .
At AEI Consultants, we celebrate and support diversity and are committed to creating and preserving an inclusive environment for the benefit of our employees and our community. AEI Consultants is proud to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment. AEI Consultants believes that diversity among our teammates is critical to our success and we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
Education : Bachelors
Licences & certifications Professional Engineer
Location: Detroit, MI
Job date: Fri, 17 Jun 2022 02:14:49 GMT
Apply for the job now!