Job title: Project Development Engineer
Job description: PROJECT DEVELOPMENT ENGINEER
We are the first major US electronics recycling company dealing with precious metals recovery, is currently undertaking a rapid expansion. This is an exciting opportunity to join our growing Projects Team and be part of the delivery team for a multi-million-dollar new facility as a Project Development Engineer.
The candidate will be qualified in the delivery and operation of large-scale industrial projects, covering all stages from design to operation. The ideal candidate will be familiar with the worlds of commodities trading, e-waste recycling and the fields of metals recovery and pyro-metallurgy. Experience from primary or secondary metal production industry is strongly preferred.
Role and Responsibilities
Project Management & Project Delivery
- Help establish multi-disciplinary work plan for each phase of project and arranges for recruitment or assignment of project personnel.
- Direct and coordinate activities of projects to ensure the goals or objectives of these projects are accomplished within prescribed time frame and funding parameters.
- Provide coordination and liaison with project management and project engineering personnel throughout the project.
- Monitor the progress of projects and tasks through project management reviews.
- Carry out on-site assessments to evaluate progress, risk and opportunity.
- Develop conceptual cost and planning estimates from preliminary strategic documents, price alternatives and options.
- Reconcile the internal estimates with those prepared by third parties.
- Work with managing principals, finance and accounting divisions to forecast volume of work and identify deviations from plan.
- Maintain effective communication with client management, company management and all stakeholders.
Engineering & Industrial Processes
- Become point of contact for high-level engineering support on matters relating to the industrial activities including pyro-metallurgy, material handling (e.g. shredding, sorting, lab testing.) and related logistical needs.
- Identify opportunities to improve existing procedures and workflow processes.
- Collect and analyze industrial data to generate KPI reports and develop improvement strategy.
- Provide support for the preparation and negotiation of environmental permit applications.
- Interface with regulatory agencies and provide tailored support as required.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, Master’s degree in related field a plus.
- Preferred – 3-years previous experience in project delivery and/or engineering management of medium to large-size projects.
- Preferred – At least 3 years previous experience in primary or secondary metal production
- Excellent interpersonal skills and communication with all levels of management.
- Capacity to manage conflict-resolution and strong decision-making abilities.
- Ability to work with cross discipline teams across multiple geographic locations.
- Preferred – In-depth knowledge of US metals industry or US scrap market
- Fully authorized to work in the USA
For additional information contact Kristopher Greene directly at 605-937-5017 or resumes may be confidentially sent to [email protected]
Job date: Sun, 10 Jul 2022 22:43:08 GMT
Apply for the job now!