Job title: Product Designer at VC-backed Health Startup (m/f/x)
Company: Una Health
Job description: About us
We are Una, a mission driven company tackling the ever-increasing burden of metabolic disease.
We are combining the latest medical research, data science, bio-sensor technology, and human centred design to enable sustainable behaviour change and improve health outcomes.
💡 We are creating the first medical-grade digital therapy that sustainably solves metabolic dysfunction.
We are backed by Atlantic Food Labs and part of its portfolio network, which includes some of the most inspiring startups in the field such as Clue, Meditopia, Cara Care, and Casper, as well as companies such as SoundCloud and Gorillas.
We are a fast growing, fully remote team that is just getting started. There is a lot of opportunity to shape the direction of the product from the start.
Who you are
You are a talented and curious person that is excited about the prospect of helping to improve people’s health. You enjoy thinking through complex problems and coming up with delightful design solutions. You are great at communicating your thinking and design decisions.
As our only designer, you’ll be responsible for a wide surface area, including all aspects of user experience, interaction design, and design systems for our mobile app.
You are comfortable working remotely.
What you’ll do
- Develop knowledge and empathy of our customers and a strong UX perspective on what would most serve them
- Take on complex tasks and transform them into intuitive, accessible and easy-to-use designs
- End-to-end design from concept to launch and iterate through intuition, user research, and validation
- Create user journey and service maps illustrating user needs, pain points, and business opportunities as we evolve our product
- Design product solutions which are data informed (quant & qual) using a variety of design techniques and artefacts of varying fidelities
- Ensure our products follow accessibility standards
- Creating pixel perfect UI work to delight our users
Must have skills
- A keen eye for detail, but ability to rapidly solve problems using everything from a basic sketch to high fidelity prototypes
- 2+ of years experience designing world-class, customer-centric products
- An impressive portfolio demonstrating your problem solving ability and showcasing work that drives results
- Ability to clarify success metrics and tie efforts toward delivering business value
- The ability to understand complex problem spaces, identify opportunities, and turn that into actionable design plans
- Experience working closely with product managers and engineers
- Fluency in contemporary design tools, such as Figma, Sketch, Adobe CC, prototyping tools
- Good communication skills in English
- Ability to work in a fully-remote environment
- Are comfortable working in a fast-paced environment where priorities can (and do) shift from time to time
Nice to haves
- Fluency in German
What we offer
💪 The opportunity to tackle one of the world’s leading health problems
💰 A competitive package with salary and equity potential relevant to experience
🏡 Remote first work environment
🌴 Unlimited holiday policy (with a mandatory minimum)
🌿 Budget for co-working space and health and wellness apps
🤸 Healthy work-life balance and flexible working hours
👩🏫 Personal growth and training budget
🗺️ An international team
🤝 A network of inspiring peers within the Atlantic Labs network
Una Health Values
- We care deeply about our members’ (users’) health.
- We build fast for our members because they should not have to wait.
- We recognise that helping people improve their health is hard, and this motivates us.
- We are open and kind with each other.
- We take time to make sure we understand our members and each other.
- We embrace everyone’s uniqueness.
Innovation & Learning
- We are curious. We constantly ask ‘why?’ We are unafraid to challenge the norm.
- We thrive on diverse perspectives**,** such as those that come from different cultures, identities and ideas.
- We learn from and support each other to be our collective best.
Honesty & Transparency
- We are evidence-based and use data to guide our decisions.
- We are honest about our intentions and aware of our limitations.
- We trust our colleagues to do the right thing for our members first and foremost.
- We are reliable.
- We openly admit to our mistakes and collectively learn from them.
- We focus on outcomes not outputs.
- We default to individual autonomy over centralized control.
Location: Casper, WY
Job date: Fri, 01 Jul 2022 22:53:59 GMT
Apply for the job now!