Job title: Principal Strategy BDM, Fintech, Startups Strategy
Job description: DESCRIPTION
Are you energized by the potential for working with startups driving innovation in financial services? Are you a data-driven self-starter with sales and BD experience looking to scale your impact and take on a role with global visibility? The AWS Startup Go-to-Market Strategy team is looking for someone who is passionate about Fintech to help execute a strategy for ensuring broad adoption of AWS amongst the world’s startups. If you love startups, Fintech, and working in a fast-paced environment, this is the role for you.
As a Worldwide Fintech GTM Strategy Manager for Fintech, you will act as the connective tissue between the global Fintech Business Development team for Startups and Venture Capital and field sellers. You will have close interlock with field sellers and sales leadership, solutions architects, and partner teams to promote and provide guidance on the value proposition of the AWS cloud platform to Fintech startups. You will be responsible for building strategic mechanisms for identifying and engaging with target startups, facilitating training and enablement of the field as it relates to FinTech, and staying up-to-date on the latest AWS releases.
The ideal candidate will possess a deep understanding of sales motions and go-to-market strategies, a foundation of financial services knowledge, and strong writing and communication skills. They should have the technical depth and business experience to easily communicate the benefits of the AWS cloud platform to IT architects, engineering teams, C-level executives and AWS field sellers. The candidate should have the ability to think strategically and long-term about the needs of startups and be able to demonstrate familiarity with the startup ecosystem.
Strong writing and communication skills are a must.
Key job responsibilities
- Serve as a key member of the Worldwide Startup Segment in helping drive AWS adoption among Fintech startups.
- Work closely with field sellers and sales leadership to accelerate growth of the business through executing playbooks, facilitating training, and hosting field events
- Interlocking with AWS Fintech BD, solutions architects, and partner teams to promote and provide guidance on the value proposition of the AWS platform to Fintech startups.
- Execute strategic initiatives for AWS while working with key internal stakeholders (e.g. sales teams, partners, support, etc.).
- Understand and actively utilize salesforce.com, Tableau, Amazon QuickSight, and other internal Amazon systems to manage reporting, tracking, and goal attainment
- Build new programs to support the adoption of AWS services amongst the world’s Fintech startups
- Prepare and deliver data-driven reviews to the senior management about progress, achievements, and roadblocks.
- Handle a high volume of engagements and the fast pace of the cloud computing market.
- Some relevant technical knowledge is required, such as: fundamentals of cloud computing and virtualization, storage systems, database systems, core distributed computing concepts, content delivery networks (CDNs), AI/ML, etc., with ability to go deep enough on technical aspects to differentiate between varied AWS services.
- 5-10 years of sales leadership, business development, product management or technical sales experience within a technology startup or enterprise.
- Familiarity and experience working within the startup ecosystem.
- Strong writing and communication skills.
- Degree required.
- Startup founder/senior leader/CxO experience within a Fintech startup
- Proficient in SQL
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Workers in New York City who perform in-person work or interact with the public in the course of business must show proof they have been fully vaccinated against COVID or request and receive approval for a reasonable accommodation, including medical or religious accommodation.
Location: New York City, NY
Job date: Sat, 25 Jun 2022 23:21:52 GMT
Apply for the job now!