Job title: Principal Software Engineer – Machine Learning Operations
Company: Boehringer Ingelheim
Job description: Description:
Our Enterprise Data Services team is responsible for developing data-driven digital solutions together with all business units of Boehringer Ingelheim. We work in international, cross-functional Scrum teams with domain experts to explore and harness the potential of data for our business. You will work with our Central Data Science team on challenging, business-driven projects. Together with the Data Scientists, you will work collaboratively and iteratively through all stages of agile software development to deliver fully functioning services that meet business goals.
As an employee of Boehringer Ingelheim, you will actively contribute to the discovery, development and delivery of our products to our patients and customers. Our global presence provides opportunity for all employees to collaborate internationally, offering visibility and opportunity to directly contribute to the companies’ success. We realize that our strength and competitive advantage lie with our people. We support our employees in a number of ways to foster a healthy working environment, meaningful work, diversity and inclusion, mobility, networking and work-life balance. Our competitive compensation and benefit programs reflect Boehringer Ingelheim’s high regard for our employees.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Consulting and Analysis: Meet regularly with defined clients and stakeholders to understand and analyze their processes and needs. Determine requirements to present possible solutions or improvements.
- Client Support: Perform baseline system support, administrative and maintenance duties for assigned systems. Troubleshoot application and system problems.
- Project/Solution Activities: Support goals by participating on project teams. Deliver on assigned tasks and action items.
- Software Development Activities: Leverage knowledge of applications / systems and underlying architecture. Maintains awareness of IT process best practices, technology trends and emerging technologies.
- Documentation: Determine documentation requirements and produce documentation as required in support of baseline and project activities.
- EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: Associate degree in Computer Science, MIS or a related field with a minimum of 7 years experience; or Bachelor degree in Computer Science, or MIS, with a minimum of 5 years of experience; or a Master degree in Computer Science, MIS, with a minimum 3 years of experience; or relevant Business or IT experience of minimum of 7 years. Minimum of 4 years of programming preferred.
- Advanced level of technical understanding and demonstrated knowledge for their area of responsibility.
- Demonstrated project management and technical design skills
- Solid understanding of software development life cycle methodology
- Backend technologies experience and knowledge of latest developments (e.g. micro-service architecture) preferred
- Practical experience in software architecture roles preferred
- First-hand experience of the collaboration in an agile software development team strongly preferred
- Knowledge to configure and deploy different environments and stages of development strongly preferred
- General knowledge in cloud technologies strongly preferred
- Hands-on knowledge on DevOps applied to data science strongly preferred
- Ability to negotiate and mediate complex problems among teams strongly preferred
- Fluency in English (verbal and written) strongly preferred
Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without restriction.
Must be willing to take a drug test and post-offer physical (if required)
Must be 18 years of age or older
This position will require individuals to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or have an approved medical or religious accommodation. Click for more information on the vaccine mandate and COVID-19.
Who We Are:
At Boehringer Ingelheim we create value through innovation with one clear goal: to improve the lives of patients. We develop breakthrough therapies and innovative healthcare solutions in areas of unmet medical need for both humans and animals. As a family owned company we focus on long term performance. We are powered by 50.000 employees globally who nurture a diverse, collaborative and inclusive culture. Learning and development for all employees is key because your growth is our growth.
Want to learn more? Visit and join us in our effort to make more health.
Boehringer Ingelheim is an equal opportunity global employer who takes pride in maintaining a diverse and inclusive culture. We embrace diversity of perspectives and strive for an inclusive environment, which benefits our employees, patients and communities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to a person’s actual or perceived race, including natural hairstyles, hair texture and protective hairstyles; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; citizenship status, marital status; gender, gender identity or expression; sexual orientation, mental, physical or intellectual disability, veteran status; pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law.
Location: Ridgefield, CT
Job date: Fri, 22 Jul 2022 07:47:13 GMT
Apply for the job now!