Job title: Prin Engineer
Job description: Be a part of something powerful at America’s premier energy provider!
At Exelon, we are united by our values and shared vision for a cleaner and brighter future. We encourage curiosity, value diverse perspectives and we never stop looking for ways to be, work and do better. We know the future is in our hands. That’s why we’re looking for people like you, who have the power to make a difference.
As the nation’s largest utility company, we serve more than 10 million customers through six fully regulated transmission and distribution utilities: Atlantic City Electric (ACE), Baltimore Gas and Electric (BGE), Commonwealth Edison (ComEd), Delmarva Power & Light (DPL), PECO Energy Company (PECO), and Potomac Electric Power Company (Pepco). All 18,000 of us are committed to delivering safe, reliable and affordable energy to our customers, strengthening our communities, supporting a clean energy future and reducing our impact on the changing climate.
Our people are the heart and soul of our business. Whether it’s powering lives, supporting communities or collaborating with colleagues, an Exelon employee is talented, compassionate, forward-thinking and inspired. We are empowered to evolve and advance our careers in an open and inclusive environment. We pride ourselves on being the kind of place where people want to come and stay. We know that investing in our employees’ futures strengthens ours, which is why we offer competitive compensation, incentives and health and retirement benefits.
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
Develops and/or leads teams in studies, plans, criteria, specifications, calculations, evaluations, design documents, performance assessments, integrated systems analysis, cost estimates, budgets, associated with the planning, design, licensing, construction, operation, and maintenance of Exelon’s electric generation, transmission, distribution, gas and telecommunication facilities/systems. Provides consultation and recommendations to the Company within and to other business units and/or customers as a result of studying company or customer-owned systems, processes, equipment, vehicles or facilities. Reviews financial data from budget and actual costs of projects. Acts as recognized technical authority in a specialized engineering area. Position may be required to work extended hours, including 24 x 7 coverage during storms or other energy delivery emergencies.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Performs consultation and training on highly complex and unique technical areas requiring the application of advanced engineering principles. (25%)
- Evaluates complex technical issues that require highly specialized knowledge in very specific areas and recommends actions or programs for their resolution. (25%)
- Leads the implementation of large specialized technical projects and/or teams in order to develop studies, proposals and designs while considering cost effectiveness. (25%)
- Participates in technical and industry societies and committees to enhance knowledge of new technologies or issues in area of company interest. (10%)
- Participates in department planning, provide budget recommendations and monitor performance for the accomplishment of committed results. (10%)
- Acts as an expert witness and provide expert opinions for regulatory and/or legal proceedings. (5%)
- Highly influential on strategic management decisions that can have a major impact on the company.
- Set direction for the organization in regards to technical issues.
- Applies technical knowledge to help promote a safe work environment and to enhance customer satisfaction
- Master of Science degree in Engineering or Licensed Professional Engineer
- Ability to analyze and interpret complex electrical and mechanical systems.
- Knowledge and ability to apply problem solving approaches and engineering theory.
- Knowledge of engineering designs, principles and practices.
- Ten years or more of experience in specific areas of engineering and recognized industry expert (Requirement reduced by one year for Licensed Professional Engineer)
- Advanced knowledge and experience with regulations, guides, standards, codes, methods, practices, and advanced engineering principles.
- Advanced knowledge of latest technologies necessary to perform a variety of specialized unique or complex assignments for various installation types of services.
- Industry expert who participates or leads industry committee or working groups or has published technical documents
- Note: there are a limited number of personnel available in the industry with the required knowledge, ability and experience. License must be issued by the state in which you are practicing
- Strong teamwork, interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate with all management levels.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Transmission Planning experience
- Proficiency with transmission planning tools in performing load flow modeling, contingency studies and transfer analysis
- Proficiency and prior experience with PSS/E
- Good understanding of Transmission & Substation equipment and design
- Good understanding of PJM processes and procedures
*Relocation and Signing Bonus will be offered
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Job date: Wed, 20 Jul 2022 02:21:08 GMT
Apply for the job now!