Job title: Patient Care Tech Digestive Health: FT 5:30a-2p
Company: Firelands Regional Medical Center
Job description: Description :
$1,000 Retention Bonus
Assists the nursing staff with the transport, treatment, and direct care of patients. Responsible for the accurate transcription of Physician Orders and assists in the planning, organization and implementation of measures to maintain a quality therapeutic environment for our patients.
What You Will Do:
- Assists with delivering patient care: obtain patient vital signs, assist with feeding, toileting, hygiene care, finger-stick blood sugar readings, maintain skin integrity, perform EKGs, and ambulate and transfer patients.
- Perform routine procedures including surgical skin preps and enemas.
- Schedules diagnostic procedures/tests/appointments, effectively communicating and co-coordinating orders with Physicians, Charge Nurses, direct care givers, ancillary departments, and other facilities.
- Answers call lights timely and notifies appropriate personnel of patient needs immediately.
- Demonstrates service excellence and strives to assist the unit to meet established goals for our patient satisfaction.
- Recognizes significant changes in patient’s condition and takes appropriate action.
- Collect data, report information and/or perform interventions for the purpose of improving a variety of quality issues.
- Obtain patient information/data and observes confidentiality.
- Orders and enters charges for procedures, supplies, equipment as applicable.
- Reports problems or concerns to the appropriate person or department and will assist in the resolution whenever possible.
- Must be flexible, maintain adaptability, be a team player and able to work in a stressful environment.
- Positive professional communication skills and guest relations; projects a positive impression of the Medical Center.
- Perform VS, height, weight, and visual acuity in triage.
- Assist with sterile field set up for suturing and procedures.
- May perform other patient care activities as trained and directed by the RN.
What You Will Need:
- Must be a high school graduate.
- Previous hospital experience preferred.
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment, and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Current BLS certification required or obtained within 30 days of hire.
Location: Sandusky, OH
Job date: Wed, 20 Jul 2022 07:43:11 GMT
Apply for the job now!