Job title: Part-Time Student-Assembly Manufacturing Engineering (ME)-Waterloo IA
Company: John Deere
Job description: There are over 7 billion people on this planet. And by 2050, there will be 2 billion more… many moving into urban centers at an unprecedented rate. Making sure there is enough food, fiber and infrastructure for our rapidly growing world is what we’re all about at John Deere. And it’s why we’re investing in our people and our technology like never before! Here the world’s brightest minds are tackling the world’s biggest challenges. If you believe one person can make the world a better place, we’ll put you to work. RIGHT NOW.
John Deere is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identify or expression, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Primary Location: United States (US) – Iowa – Waterloo
Function: Manufacturing Engineering
Title: Part-Time Student-Assembly Manufacturing Engineering (ME)-Waterloo IA #88062
The Part-Time Student Program is primarily designed to augment the Company’s regular full-time staff and is for students who work in parallel to their school schedule YEAR-ROUND.
- Supporting efforts to troubleshoot and resolve production issues related to processes, machinery, and quality.
- Participate in the continuous improvement process (CI200) through the execution of projects in safety & ergonomics, customer and process quality, efficiency and cost while under the supervision of another ME or ME Supervisor.
- Conduct process audits and ensure sequence of events documentation and operator methods sheets reflect the current method of manufacture.
- Maintain routings, methods, layouts, tools, costs, methods documentation, quality plans and labor standards for revisions to current operations which enable the Continuous Improvement Pay Plan (CIPP).
- Participate in team studies related to capacity, productivity and efficiency
What You Need
- Ideally you will be majoring in Engineering, Industrial Technology or related technical field; others may apply
- Must be registered as a full-time student at a local accredited university
- Graduation date of 2023 or later
- Cumulative GPA of 2.8 or above
- Available to work 16-20 hours/weekly during the academic year
- Available to work 30-40 hours/weekly during the summer semester
- Must be able to commute to the work location in Waterloo, Iowa, on a daily basis year-round
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems utilizing data and root cause analysis techniques
- Experience in roles that require excellent communication skills
- Experience with engineering tools such as ProE, AutoCAD, and Microsoft Office Programs, either through employment or educational coursework
- Demonstrated ability to perform self-directed learning activities
What Makes You Stand Out
- Experience in roles that required a basic understanding of Industrial Engineering principles (education or equivalent work experiences)
- Experience in roles that required a working knowledge of written and graphical work instructions, assembly manufacturing processes, tooling, and assembly process equipment or machinery
- Shop floor manufacturing related work experience
- Six Sigma training
What You’ll Get
At John Deere, you are empowered to create a career that will take you to where you want to go while working in an inclusive team environment. Here, you’ll enjoy the freedom to explore new projects, the support to think outside the box and the advanced tools and technology that foster innovation and achievement. Additionally, we offer a comprehensive reward package to help you get started on your new career path, including:
- Flexible work arrangements
- Highly competitive base pay and performance bonuses
- Savings & Retirement benefits (401K and Defined Benefit Pension)
- Healthcare benefits with a generous company contribution in the Health Savings Account
- Adoption assistance
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Tuition assistance
- Fitness subsidies and on-site gyms at specific Deere locations
- Charitable contribution match
- Employee Purchase Plan & numerous discount programs for personal use
to find out more about our Total Rewards Package.
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines.
The terms of the applicable benefit plans, and all company actions administering or interpreting these plans, continue to control. Deere & Company reserves the right to suspend, amend, modify, or terminate the Plan(s) in any manner at any time, including the right to modify or eliminate any cost-sharing between the company and participants. Changes, which can be made at any time, are made by action of the company’s board of directors, or to the extend authorized by resolution of its board of directors, or by the Deere & Company Compensation Committee. In the event of a conflict between the language of the official Plan Documents and this document, the language of the official Plan Documents will control.
ACA Section 1557 Nondiscrimination Notice
The John Deere Health Benefit Plans for Salaried and Wage Employees comply with applicable Federal civil rights laws and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex.
Location: Waterloo, IA
Job date: Sun, 03 Jul 2022 06:07:57 GMT
Apply for the job now!