Job title: Part Time – Information Technology – Receiving and Inventory Assistant
Company: Pennsylvania State University
Job description: APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS:
CURRENT PENN STATE EMPLOYEE (faculty, staff, technical service, or student), please to complete the . Please do not apply here, apply internally through Workday.
CURRENT PENN STATE STUDENT (not employed previously at the university) and seeking employment with Penn State, please to complete the . Please do not apply here, apply internally through Workday.
If you are NOT a current employee or student, please click “Apply” and complete .
JOB DESCRIPTION AND POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
Information Technology in the College of the Liberal Arts is currently seeking a highly motivated, detail-oriented, and customer-focused individual to help with receiving computers, monitors, and other technologies for the College of the Liberal Arts on a part-time basis.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Track hardware requests through ServiceNow ticketing / work tracking system.
- Receive technology, primarily computers and monitors.
- Enter devices into our Sharepoint computer inventory.
- Manage packing list and follow record retention guidelines.
- Prepare disposition forms for devices disposed of through Lion Surplus.
- Participate as an integral, contributing member of the ITLA team.
- Display a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team-based environment focused on achieving team productivity and customer satisfaction goals and expectations.
- Strong attention to details.
- Excellent organizational and time managements skills (self-managed and accountable).
- Ability to interact with departments and coworkers in a positive and proactive manner.
- Experience with Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated a commitment to building an inclusive, equitable, and diverse campus community, or describe one or more ways they would envision doing so, given the opportunity.
- Both a cover letter and resume must be submitted to be considered for the opening.
The Pennsylvania State University is committed to and accountable for advancing diversity, equity, inclusion, and sustainability in all of its forms. We embrace individual uniqueness, foster a culture of inclusion that supports both broad and specific diversity initiatives, leverage the educational and institutional benefits of diversity in society and nature, and engage all individuals to help them thrive. We value inclusion as a core strength and an essential element of our public service mission.
CAMPUS SECURITY CRIME STATISTICS:
Pursuant to the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act and the Pennsylvania Act of 1988, Penn State publishes a combined Annual Security and Annual Fire Safety Report (ASR). The ASR includes crime statistics and institutional policies concerning campus security, such as those concerning alcohol and drug use, crime prevention, the reporting of crimes, sexual assault, and other matters. The ASR is available for review .
Employment with the University will require successful completion of background check(s) in accordance with University policies.
EEO IS THE LAW
Penn State is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, and is committed to providing employment opportunities to all qualified applications without regards to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you are unable to use our online application process due to an impairment or disability, please contact 814-865-1473.
Penn State is committed to the health of our local and global communities. As a condition of employment, all employees are required to comply with COVID-19 vaccination or testing requirements. Click on to learn about the requirements as well as general COVID-19 information at Penn State.
University Park, PA
Job date: Fri, 17 Jun 2022 07:28:48 GMT
Apply for the job now!