Job title: Paraprofessional Special Education (Long Term Substitute May 16, 2022 to June 10, 2022)
Company: Montclair Board of Education
- Paraprofessional Special Education (Long Term Substitute May 16, 2022 to June 10, 2022) JobID: 2041
- Position Type:
Support Staff/Special Education Assistant
- Date Posted:
Developmental Learning Center
- Date Available:
- Closing Date:
MONTCLAIR PUBLIC SCHOOLS
Montclair, New Jersey
TITLE: Paraprofessional, Instructional Paraprofessional; or
Special Education with Curriculum Support
QUALIFICATIONS: * NJ: Substitute Teacher , CEAS, CE, or NJ Standard Certificate required.
- Demonstrated ability to work well with others.
- Knowledge of child growth and development and appropriate classroom practices preferred.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work on site during the hours required.
- Required criminal history background check and proof of U.S. citizenship or legal resident alien status.
Reports To: Principal/Classroom Teacher
General Duties and Job Goals: To assist the classroom teacher by working with individual and/or small groups of disabled or non-disabled students to provide them with physical help and emotional support as needed to gain optimum benefit from the district’s education program. Paraprofessionals will assist in the supervision, safety and instructional support of classroom and student activities as a collaborative team member under the direction of the certified personnel.
Performance Responsibilities * Assists the classroom teacher in the delivery of an effective instructional program.
- Works with individual or small groups of students to reinforce learning of material or skills introduced by the teacher.
- Operates and cares for equipment used in the classroom for instructional purposes.
- Helps students master equipment or instructional materials assigned by teacher.
- Engages children in conversation to encourage language development.
- Distributes and collects workbooks, papers, and other materials for instruction.
- Guides independent study, enrichment work, and remedial work assigned and developed by the teacher.
- Assists with the supervision of students during non-instructional times; i.e. drills assemblies, play periods, and field trips.
- Helps the teacher to plan and maintain bulletin board and other classroom learning displays.
- Reads to students, listens to students read, and participates in other forms of oral communication with students.
- Checks notebooks, corrects papers, and supervises testing and make-up work, as assigned by the teacher.
- Performs clerical duties related to the instructional program including attendance reports, collection of money, duplication of materials, and distribution and return of notices to home.
- Assists pupils with various projects, crafts, and curriculum tasks.
- Provide services which conform to district objectives, board policies, administrative directions and state laws/regulations.
- Helps students when needed with their clothing, snack time routines, and, when required, toileting activities.
- Helps students with behavioral challenges to successfully participate in classroom, social and home activities.
- Participates in in-service training as assigned.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Responsibilities for Paraprofessionals assigned as Personal or Special Education Paraprofessionals.
In conjunction with the above: * Assists in taking care of the physical and emotional needs of the special education pupil, including but not limited to putting on and taking off outerwear, moving from room to room and using the lavatory.
- Assists, where appropriate, in loading and unloading the special education pupil from transportation buses or vans.
- Assists children with physical disabilities, particularly those who rely upon appliances, prosthetics or assistive technologies.
- Promote the attainment of students’ educational goals and learning objectives by providing supplemental services which assist the student(s) and classroom teacher(s) in delivering, modifying and adapting
materials and access for the students assigned. * Assists in delivering services required by the IEP.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Salary and work year to be determined by the board of education and the terms of any collective bargaining agreement representing the position.
EVALUATION: Annually in accordance with the board’s policy on evaluation of non-certified staff.
REVISED: 2002, 2006, 2011
The Montclair Public School District is an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Powered by Aspex Solutions – AppliTrack, Applicant Tracking for Educators. Online Job Employment Applications, Web Based Employment Applications for School Districts and Educational Institutions – You can also view at www.k12jobspot.com. K12JobSpot is a site that has thousands of teaching jobs – all from AppliTrack school districts.
Location: Montclair, NJ
Job date: Thu, 12 May 2022 04:01:51 GMT
Apply for the job now!