Job title: Overnight Stocker
Company: WinCo Foods
Job description: Job Summary
Maintains and replenishes stock in a safe and efficient manner to meet customer purchasing needs. Maintains an atmosphere of friendly, courteous customer service with an emphasis of taking care of the customer. Generally works 6-8 hour shifts between the hours of 9:00 pm to 9:00 am.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities
- Seeks opportunities to welcome, engage, serve and thank customers. Maintains an atmosphere of friendly, enthusiastic customer service with an emphasis of taking care of the customer.
- Maintains the quality condition of all products; stocks, rotates, and faces product; discards outdated and spoiled products and maintains stockroom.
- Cuts boxes in a precise manner and places small containers on shelves.
- Maintains a safe, secure and sanitary work environment.
- Orders products, cut cases, stacks, prices and marks merchandise.
- Builds product displays and operates related equipment such as hand trucks and pallet jacks.
- Performs all job duties and responsibilities with honesty and integrity.
- May performs checking duties with an emphasis on providing friendly, courteous, customer service.
- May train other employees.
- Performs other duties as assigned or needed.
- Consistently provide friendly, courteous service to internal and external customers.
- Exhibit interpersonal skills with oral and written communication skills.
- Work varied nights in a 24/7 operation; including weekends and holidays.
- Reach, lift, stack and maneuver objects of varying dimensions and weights up to 40 lbs. within the range of floor level to overhead frequently.
- Lifts up to 50 lbs. occasionally.
- Push and pull hand trucks and pallet jacks containing product of substantial weight.
- Stand, walk and move rapidly for long periods of time.
- Bend, stoop, twist and turn frequently.
- Ensure safe and accurate completion of work activities.
- Perform repetitious work accurately and with mental alertness.
- Perform basic math (add, subtract, multiply and divide).
- Learn and memorize location of products, check stand and keyboard procedures, company policies, PLU codes, inventory control merchandising, and shipping and receiving procedures.
- Exhibit manual dexterity and good hand/ eye coordination to move freight.
- Work in varying weather conditions for performance of outdoor duties.
- Work with potential hazards with respect to equipment, tools and work aides.
- Work in freezer and cooler.
- Conduct visual inspection and merchandise being placed on shelves.
- Perform tasks requiring manual dexterity for placement of small items on hooks, shelves, etc.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Perform primary duties efficiently and accurately.
- Food Handlers Certification (Per State Laws).
- Electric and manual pallet jacks, handtruck, garbage and card board compactor.
- Fork lift as needed.
- Box knife.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work performed by the employees assigned to this job. All employees must comply with Company policies and applicable laws. The responsibilities, duties and qualifications required of personnel may vary.
As WinCo Foods continues to grow, our diversity—from our variety of perspectives and wide range of experiences—is essential to our strategy and success. We are committed to continue to cultivate and celebrate an inclusive environment in which all employees are valued and respected regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
Location: Lancaster, CA
Job date: Thu, 14 Jul 2022 04:39:36 GMT
Apply for the job now!