Job title: Operator – Telecommunications, SR-FLEX, MHP: Telecommunications
Company: Memorial Healthcare System
Job description: Summary:
Operates the organization’s central switchboard to answer and route incoming calls and to communicate codes, alerts, drills and other announcements.
- Receives and relays internal and external calls and provides general information according to policy and procedure. Troubleshoots system issues when needed.
- Utilizes desk directories, on-call lists, reference guides and other associated reference materials.
- Operates beeper and paging system to contact to hospital personnel and code team.
- Communicates codes, alerts, drills and other announcements according to established policies and procedures, including disaster management plans.
Competencies and skills:
- STANDARDS OF BEHAVIOR: Acts in a manner that supports the standards of communication, respect, privacy, and teamwork by demonstrating a commitment to professional and ethical conduct.
- CUSTOMER SERVICE: Demonstrates commitment to service excellence by promptly addressing internal/external customer issues/requests, resolving concerns while maintaining a professional image and behavior to build and enhance the patient/family/customer experience.
- ACCOUNTABILITY: Accepts ownership of job roles and specific assignments/goals; works independently, takes responsibility for own actions; admits mistakes and judgment errors; and accepts constructive feedback. Connects personal work results to the accomplishment of team and organizational goals.
- RESPONDING TO CHANGE: Accepts change and adapts in a positive and productive manner; handles unexpected situations and changes in direction calmly and with confidence. Views new assignments and job responsibilities as an opportunity for growth.
- PATIENT AND FAMILY CENTERED CARE: “Provides Patient and Family Centered Care to patients, families, visitors and internal customers”
- COMMUNICATION SYSTEMS: Operates communication equipment and systems.
- CUSTOMER SERVICE: Provides excellent service in direct and indirect manner identifying customer needs and fulfilling customer expectations.
- ALERT (CODE) RESPONSE: Response to an announced or observed emergency alert situation.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
Complexity of Work: Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
Required Work Experience: 1 year customer service experience or related field.
- Bending and Stooping 40.00%
- Keyboard Entry 60.00%
- Kneeling 40.00%
- Lifting or Carrying 0 – 25 lbs Non-Patient 60.00%
- Pushing or Pulling 0 – 25 lbs Non-Patient 60.00%
- Reaching 60.00%
- Repetitive Movement Hand/Arm 60.00%
- Sitting 60.00%
- Standing 40.00%
- Walking 40.00%
- Audible Speech 80.00%
- Hearing Acuity 80.00%
- Depth Perception 60.00%
- Distinguish Color 60.00%
- Seeing – Far 60.00%
- Seeing – Near 60.00%
- Latex 40.00%
- Computer Monitor 60.00%
- Wet or Slippery Surfaces 40.00%
Memorial Hospital Pembroke joined Memorial Healthcare System in 1995, adding 301 licensed beds and a wide range of clinical expertise to the system. New facilities and programs continue to be added, providing a wide scope of services such as:
- Emergency Care
- Hernia Repair
- Medical Detoxification
- Stroke Treatment
- Wound Care
- 24/7 Care Center
The Joint Commission has ranked Memorial Hospital Pembroke as a Top Performer on Key Quality Measures, and the hospital has received the Get With the Guidelines Gold Plus Award for Stroke by the American Heart Association and the American Stroke Association.
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended, nor should it be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification.
Location: Pembroke Pines, FL
Job date: Fri, 17 Jun 2022 07:01:07 GMT
Apply for the job now!