Job title: Operations Analyst I (Banking) Required in Jersey City, NJ / JP1341086
Company: Artech Information Systems
Job description: Job Description
Title: Operations Business Analyst
Duration: 3+ months
Location: Jersey City, NJ 07310
Main Tasks: * Monitoring of Operational Risk:
- Provide efficient FO Support with aim to guarantee the accuracy of FO trading positions.
These responsibilities are realized in close relationship with the Front Office (Trading /Sales), Back-Office, accountabilities entity, data processing, information technology (IT), and project management teams. MO liaises locally and globally with the goal to ensure FO position and prioritize risk on a daily basis.
- Trade Comparison
- Clean up on all DTC unaffirmed Prime Brokerage trades, by liaising directly with Prime Brokerage Clients and executing broker’s Middle Office and Settlements teams
- Clean up all unmatched international (ie, non US trades), by liaising directly with Prime Brokerage Clients and executing broker’s Middle Office and Settlements teams
- Fail Monitoring
- Track and resolve all open fails, by liaising with Prime Brokerage clients, internal settlements teams, executing broker’s Middle Office and Settlements teams, Corporate actions and stock loan trading desk and operations
- Trade Amendments and Static data updates
- Make appropriate amendments and corrections to US and non-US trades to amend misbookings.
- Request client, executing broker-specific updates to static and referential data to ensure BNP Prime Brokerage and Arb RM are instructing with accurate settlement information vs the specific legal entity of the execution counterparty.
- Client Service / Customer Support
- Act as an operational point of contact for both external Prime Brokerage clients and internal departments to resolve open items related to unffirmed / unmatched trades, client reports, fails, static data, and any other operational issues.
- Work with Front Office, P&L, Back Office, Third-party vendors, and Application Support to resolve operational and booking issues
- Monitoring of operational risk by providing proper Front Office Support and ensuring the risk of fraud is set to a minimum.
- To ensure accurate trading positions in the FO system, the daily goal is to correct all discrepancies originated from system bugs, input mistakes, and information loss.
- Manage real-time trade booking exceptions internally between the trading desk and sales force
- Assist with project initiatives designed to improve and streamline existing processes.
- Mitigate risk by reconciling discrepancies between the trading desk’s positions and the firm’s books and records.
- Participate/assist in event processing and have a full understanding of the life cycle of a trade
- Collaborate with technology teams on the implementation of process flow improvements and efficiencies.
- Contribute to quick resolution of trade issues by liaising with various groups including Front Office, Back Office, IT Team, P&L Controllers, and Client Services.
- Liaise with other Operation functions and other infrastructure groups to support a ‘one team approach.
- Promote an efficient dialog/discussion with our internal and external partners
- Adhere to deadlines and objectives.
- Where appropriate, the ability to maintain and explain own position using logic in the light of differing view.
- BS – Economics, Finance, Accounting or other related fields of study.
- At least 5 years of relevant financial industry experience.
- Strong qualification level in equity derivative markets. Financial market knowledge of derivatives products including TRS, ETFs, Equity Swaps, etc.
- Previous experience (1 yr+) in a Derivative Middle office environment or prior experience in working with Trading/ Sales in a financial institution
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, especially Excel
- Knowledge of various financial markets.
- Strong sense of risk and critical thinking.
- Maintains high quality of customer service when communicating with clients.
- Display good relationship qualities, team spirit, and ability to work cross-functionally.
- Proactive and displays willingness to take initiative.
- Ability to effectively listen and communicate.
- Maintains acceptable response to stress.
- Rigorous and well-organized.
Dhananjay (Jay) Tomar
Cell: (973) 520-0740 I Office: (973) 967-3308
Expected salary: $33.32 – 55.54 per hour
Location: Jersey City, NJ
Job date: Wed, 13 Jul 2022 00:09:19 GMT
Apply for the job now!