Job title: Office Manager
Company: Common Energy
Job description: Job Description:
About Common Energy
Common Energy is revolutionizing the energy sector. Our platform enables homeowners and businesses to connect their utility account to new clean energy projects, dramatically lower carbon emissions, and save on their electricity. There is no on-site installation and signing up only takes two minutes. As such, we are a key part of the solution to mitigate global climate change.
Common Energy is backed by one of the country’s leading climate funds and its board and advisors include former executives from Facebook, Google and President Obama’s cabinet. We are seeking an Office Manager to help us scale our business.
The Office Manager will be responsible for helping to re-launch Common Energy’s NYC HQ and ensuring that this is a fun place for our team to work! We are looking for someone who can manage the day-to-day office responsibilities, while also organizing regular company events and providing HR assistance.
This is an ideal role for someone who is energetic, organized, and enjoys fostering a positive work environment.
- Help set up our new office space (furniture and tech orders, Wi-Fi / utilities coordination, organizing office layout etc.)
- Maintain the office space by managing cleaning staff and coordinating repairs as needed
- Order lunch for all in-office team members
- Collect and organize office mail
- Event planning:
- Plan / coordinate off-site events, such as holiday parties and group dinners
- Plan / coordinate in-office events, including both social events and team meetings or conferences
- HR support:
- Work with recruiters / Chief People Officer to provide admin support for hiring, including posting jobs, pre-screening resumes, and scheduling interviews
- Help to onboard new employees, creating accounts, providing them with onboarding paperwork, and walking them through company processes and policies
- Be a friendly face as the first person everyone interacts with when they walk in the door in the morning!
- Contribute to a fun, positive work environment!
Who We’re Looking For
- You have office management experience (2+ years ideally)
- You have administrative or HR work experience
- You are very well organized and a strong multi-tasker
- You are very detail-oriented and proactive
- You are a natural problem solver and people person
- You are creative and passionate about establishing a work environment is comfortable, welcoming, and fun!
- You have a passion for clean energy and positive environmental impact
Compensation and Other Good Stuff
- Attractive compensation including stock options
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, and HSA eligible plans
- Generous paid time off
- Attractive 401(k) plan
- Learn and work with the best: Our team includes experts across the energy sector!
- One mission, one team, no politics.
***Recruiters: Please do not contact Common Energy about this position
Location: New York City, NY
Job date: Wed, 13 Jul 2022 02:54:55 GMT
Apply for the job now!