Job title: Nursing Supervisor (RN Supervisor, Clinical Lead, Education/Training Specialist)
Company: Arapahoe County
Job description: Arapahoe County is starting to accept applications in preparation of creating our own Public Health Department. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of the team that will establish and provide services for the first public health department in Arapahoe County. While the hiring process is occurring now in June, we do not expect this position to start until January 2023
The Nursing Administrative Supervisor provides leadership to program operations and staff working in Arapahoe County Public Health clinics. This role works in collaboration with the Nurse Manager to offer innovative ideas for services and process improvement, serves as the subject matter expert for clinic operations providing technical guidance and employee relations for staff, and providing service recovery for clients.
- Applies policies and procedures to proactively affect programs and outcomes.
- Maintains compliance of Federal and State program-specific guidelines.
- Responsible for inventory, procurement, safe storage, and reconciliation of supplies.
- Monitors and coordinates supply transportation in accordance with safety standards and deadlines.
- Assists with all program management functions as needed.
- Provides direct supervision to staff, including performance management, coaching, disciplinary actions, and training.
- In coordination with HR, position acts with compliance of County’s guidelines for employees.
- Provides leadership for clinics, including managing clinic flow, service recovery, and employee relations.
- Collaborates with internal staff to complete nurse audits, reconcile issues, and resolve errors.
- Plans and recommends additional education to staff to rectify learning deficiencies.
- In coordination with the Nurse Manager, reviews program operations, recommends process improvements, and develops clinic schedule to meet program deliverables.
- Within the scope of practice, provides safe, appropriate, direct patient care in a clinical setting.
- Maintains clinic-specific documentation. Uses organizational skills to maintain correct forms and tools necessary for effective clinic operations.
- Provides oversight of compliance and is responsible for audits for grants/programs.
- Utilizes savvy detail and organizational skills to perform monthly supply inventory and reconciles purchasing documentation.
- Uses active listening skills and proactive interpersonal skills to understand what is verbalized and what is omitted from clients and staff.
Emergency Preparedness and Response
- Responds, as required, to support public health emergencies, incidents, and events. Employee participates in all exercises and drills on emergency preparedness and response, as required. Completes trainings identified as appropriate for this level employee and initiates corrective actions and responses pursuant to Federal, State, and Local laws, statutes, and regulations.
Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- Requires a well-developed knowledge of the principles, techniques, practices, and procedures related to nursing services.
- Relates well to all kinds of people, builds rapport, and establishes trust and confidence
- Ability to communicate effectively, including delivering hard messages sensitively and compassionately
- Ability to inspire and motivate entire units and organizations
- Must be a role model for teamwork and dependability
Behavioral Competencies (these are required for all positions at ACG):
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing (BSN) from a school accredited by the National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission or the American Association of Colleges of Nursing.
- Professional Qualifications: Licensed to practice as a registered nurse (RN) in the State of Colorado or a Compact State. BLS and CPR certification.
- Previous experience in nursing, public health, and supervisory experience may be considered in-lieu of education requirements.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- One year of supervisory experience in Nursing
Pre-Employment Additional Requirements:
- Must successfully pass pre-employment testing which includes an acceptable motor vehicle record (MVR) and background check.
- Must stay up to date on any required training, certifications, and licensures.
- Reliable transportation required for travel to all Arapahoe County Public Health clinics and various worksites throughout the Metro Denver area on an as-needed basis.
- Work is generally confined to a standard office environment and outside at community public health events.
The following are some of the physical demands commonly associated with this position.
- Occasional physical activities such as ascending/descending stairs
- Moving oneself into different positions to provide patient care
- Standing, walking, squatting, and sitting for extended periods of time
- Moving people or objects as heavy as 100 pounds
- Communicating with others to exchange information verbally and in writing
- Operating medical equipment and keyboards/data entry devices
- Requires constant physical mobility to prepare, sterilize, and clean clinic areas, assist patients in the reception and treatment areas, and to negotiate around equipment and chairs in the examination room.
Below, please list any special physical demands associated with this position. For instance, exposure to hazardous environments, blood borne pathogens, extreme heat/cold, use of power equipment or machinery, wearing of PPE (personal protective equipment).
- Must use PPE
Occasionally: Activity exists less than 1/3 of the time.
Frequently: Activity exists between 1/3 and 2/3 of the time.
Constantly: Activity exists more than 2/3 of the time.
Toll Free Applicant Technical Support: If you experience technical difficulty with the NEOGOV system (i.e. uploading or attaching documents to your online application), call NEOGOV technical support at 855-524-5627. Helpful hints: if you are having difficulty uploading or attaching documents to your application, first, ensure your documents are PDF or Microsoft Word files, and second, close the document before you attempt uploading (attaching) it.
Job date: Sun, 26 Jun 2022 07:02:16 GMT
Apply for the job now!