Job title: Nursing Staffing Scheduler/Admin Coordinator – FT & PT
Company: Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia
Job description: Location: LOC_MAIN-Main Hospital
Req ID: 196492
Employment Status: Regular – Full Time
We’re seeking breakthrough makers! Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia was built on the belief that we can change lives. Today, in every role throughout our hospital, research institute and care network, the 22,000 members of our workforce are finding new ways – big and small – to make a difference for the patients and families we serve.
If you are ready to challenge yourself, be inspired and grow – no matter what your role – you just may be the kind of breakthrough maker who will thrive at CHOP.
CHOP is proud to share that we are ranked No. 1 on Forbes’ 2022 list of America’s Best Large Employers!
CHOP is No. 1 on Forbes’ 2022 list of America’s Best Large Employers!
We are so proud to share that we are ranked No. 1 on Forbes’ 2022 list of America’s Best Large Employers. Our employees are the reason CHOP is such a great place to work, and they have navigated the uncertainties of the pandemic with strength, resilience and an unwavering commitment to our mission.
INSIDE CHILDREN’S HOSPITAL
We’ are always learning, growing and exploring in our effort to deliver the highest quality, compassionate, family-centered care.
At Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia (CHOP), we help children grow and thrive – and we offer these same opportunities to the professionals who make up our team. CHOP is a unique work environment, with exceptional team members, supportive managers and state-of-the-art training. Our employees are all empowered to realize their well-defined goals, because we believe everyone makes a difference – it’s the very foundation on which our hospital is built.
The Nursing Operations (Float Pool) Department is currently Recruiting for a Staffing/Admin Coordinator. We’re recruiting for both Full time and Part time positions. Applicants will be required to work rotating Days, Evenings, and Nights shifts along with working every 4th weekends.
Responsible for managing/supporting daily operations of the department of nursing: build, manage, and execute schedules in Kronos; manage day to day staffing needs for department of nursing through Kronos and OptiLink; budget monitoring and processing RN overtime requests for all inpatient nursing departments. Responsible for the oversight and effective operations of all clerical support activities: payroll, human resources records processing and management, provides reports and administrative/secretarial support as directed. Requires considerable initiative and ability to work autonomously. Excellent communication skills and independent judgement are essential.
Supports the build, management and execution of all staff schedules in Kronos system (75% of time).
- Serves as the timekeeper for STAR payroll system.
- Opens and closes schedules, provides open shift availability to team.
- Clearly communicates with staff on opening/closing of graphs.
- Reviews and revises scheduling guidelines in conjunction with nursing leadership according to department policies and hospital standards.
- Develops unit schedule for Float Pool, SWAT, Nurse Residents, SNA, IPC, Psych Tech, Sitter, Nurse Tech staff. Adheres to the unit and department guidelines for scheduling.
- Balances graph, ensures specialty roles on each shift such as lead etc. Monitors PPL time as a whole to balance the graph.
- Corresponds with staff regarding the schedule and requests.
- Creates and maintains summer vacation calendar.
- Monitors holiday wish lists/switches.
- Monitors staff schedules including being the contact person for requesting of days off, vacations and switches.
- Regularly participates in hospital wide-scheduler meetings.
- Partners with leadership on daily operations of the schedule.
Works with leaders to support adequate staffing throughout the Nursing Department utilizing the scheduling systems.
- Reviews CSO staff scheduled for the day.
- Sends necessary communications to unit.
- Uses resources in Kronos and OptiLink to determine requested staffing needs throughout the hospital.
- Follows guidelines for determining appropriate staff assignments in consultation with the nursing operations leader.
- Assigns all staff in Kronos, coordinates reassignment of staff throughout the department as necessary.
- Receives all sick calls for inpatient nursing and notifies unit of call outs, enters appropriate pay codes into Kronos, including comments for GI as necessary.
- Makes adjustments during the shift to move personnel from one unit to another in response to patient care needs.
- Manages OT costs and cancels staff as needed based on department of nursing and HR policies and procedures.
- Facilitates the integration of data, information and knowledge to support nursing administration in appropriate decision making.
Job Responsibilities (Continued)
Manages the department of nursing RN above status/overtime and requests for extra time through CSO for all staff following department of nursing and HR policies and procedures.
- Reviews open shift requests in Kronos daily for all directed departments, approves, refuses requests.
- Manages requests through the CSO Scheduling mailbox daily for all department of nursing staff who wish to pick up additional time with CSO.
- Reviews requests to cancel above status, overtime or extra time through CSO, enters appropriate pay codes and ensures a cancelled shift is added back to the departments open shift list so their needs can be filled.
- Fields phone calls regarding scheduling questions related to above status, overtime, or extra time and directs caller appropriately.
- Manages the department administrative and clerical functions including customer reception where needed.
- Develops and maintains a supportive relationship with other departments in order to promote teamwork, emphasize quality and extraordinary service and promote learning.
- Ensures adequate and timely response to all requests for information and service by customers that present in person, by telephone, or email.
- Serves as a liaison and problem solver for departmental customers as relates to operational/service needs.
- Answers telephones, screens calls, route callers, take messages, and provides routine information to callers promptly and courteously.
- Assists with new staff onboarding and orientation as directed.
- Creates and maintains an environment where staff feels values, appreciated, and recognized.
- Supports an environment, treats staff with respect and dignity in conjunction with CHOP’s core values.
- Directly communicates with staff via email and phone in a clear, friendly, and professional manner.
- Assesses problems that arise, developing solution/options before escalating to manager.
- Communicates appropriately at multiple levels ranging from student to senior leadership.
- Ad-hoc reporting: Provides reports as requested by nursing administration for staffing and scheduling.
- OptiLink monthly reports.
- Incident Tracking: UPPL, Missed Swipes & Late Reports.
- Generates reports, tables and graphs upon request.
- Performs other duties as assigned by department leadership Participates in administrative meetings and projects as necessary.
- Participates in education/training of staffing/scheduling systems.
- Schedules and provides demonstrations and/or training sessions on assigned applications to staffing personnel.
- Adheres to the Scope and Standards of Nursing Practice providing clinical expertise and advisement for staffing and scheduling functions.
Required Education and Experience
Required Education: High School/GED.
Required Experience: Minimum of 2 years of related work experience.
Preferred Education, Experience & Cert/Lic
Preferred Education: Bachelor’s Degree in clinical informatics, sciences, math, statistics, healthcare management or other healthcare related degree.
Preferred Experience: Experience with Kronos.
Additional Technical Requirements
- Knowledge and ability to use Microsoft Applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Ability to handle confidential materials and matter, strong ethical conduct
- Ability to work under stress and handle multiple tasks and priorities
- Ability to learn and operate multiple technology software
- Ability to promote cooperation between individuals and departments to provide best systems for care and customer service
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication (written and verbal) skills
- Ability to demonstrate initiative, sound judgement and autonomy in all work
- Ability to follow department policies
To carry out its mission, it is of critical importance for the Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia (CHOP) to keep our patients, families and workforce safe and healthy and to support the health of our global community. In keeping with this, CHOP has mandated all workforce members on site at any CHOP location for any portion of their time be vaccinated for COVID-19 as a condition of employment. This mandate also applies to workforce members performing work for CHOP at non-CHOP locations. Additionally, all workforce members based in or regularly scheduled to work at any New Jersey location are mandated to be both vaccinated and boosted for COVID-19, with booster timing consistent with applicable guidelines. The CHOP COVID-19 vaccine mandate is in alignment with applicable local, state and federal mandates. CHOP also requires all workforce members who work in patient care buildings or who provide patient care to receive an annual influenza vaccine. Employees may request exemption consideration for CHOP vaccine requirements for valid religious and medical reasons. Please note start dates may be delayed until candidates are fully immunized or valid exemption requests are reviewed. In addition, candidates other than those in positions with regularly scheduled hours in New Jersey, must attest to not using tobacco products.
EEO / VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Job date: Sat, 18 Jun 2022 07:50:42 GMT
Apply for the job now!