Job title: Mobile Lab Test Engineer / Bedminster, NJ / Mobile / MMK
Company: BTI Solutions
Job description: Job Description
- Perform various kinds of testing including but not limited to Unit Testing, Drive Testing, Usability Testing, functional/performance testing on Mobile phones in the field to determine Modem SW Quality and stability of the Handset.
- Use various testing tools to capture relevant data from the devices during testing for analysis.
- Report defects discovered on the DUTs in each project.
- Follow up on discovered defects including by updating defects database by raising tickets, tracking defects through their resolution, working with R&D Teams on verification of fixes.
- Work closely with customers to perform testing on customer handsets and provide extensive customer support by reproducing issues or Device crashes in the field.
- Provide test and debugging support for third party test houses and Labs which work in close cooperation.
- Display a can-do attitude and initiative by interacting with other teams in the US to understand project needs and accordingly perform and modify test requirements & plans.
- As a Field Test Engineer, serve as eyes and ears to observe unique network behavior and report such findings to R&D accordingly to improve Modem SW Quality.
- Think out of the box to come up with innovative solutions or test methodologies when issues are observed.
- Technical proficiency/good understanding of Wireless Technologies such as GSM, UMTS, LTE, VoLTE, IMS.
- Education: Associate Degree in Electrical/Network Engineering, Telecommunications or related field. Equivalent Experience in Mobile Device Testing may be considered instead of relevant Education.
- Operating Systems: Unix/Linux, Android, Windows
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to work independently as well as an effective Team Player.
- Solid bug tracking and test reporting skills including knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Flexibility to travel at a short notice of up to 2 weeks at a time as and when required by business needs.
- Ability to work in a small team and be self-driven and self-motivated.
- Document Test plans & test procedures once assigned activity is completed for future use.
- 1-2 year Experience with wireless technologies such as 2/3/4G/LTE/5G, IMS, VoLTE/ViLTE, SIP, and Connectivity Technologies or Master’s in Engineering degree
- Understanding of US Operator Device Acceptance Requirements.
- Education: Bachelors in Telecommunication Engineering.
- Experience with Mobile phone testing either through internship or work experience Handset Test experience with Operators or Commercial OEMs or through academic projects.
- Familiarity with Android OS Devices including knowledge of ADB Commands. QXDM, Wireless Lab test with Anritsu, Anite, R&S CMW500, and Keysight
- Ability to develop Test Plans, Standard Operating Procedure documents etc.
Location: Bedminster, NJ
Job date: Wed, 20 Jul 2022 02:17:35 GMT
Apply for the job now!