Job title: Metal Building Erection Superintendent
Company: Dunn Building Company
Job description: Summary Directs activities of workers concerned with construction of buildings, concrete foundations, or other construction projects by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Studies specifications to plan procedures for construction on basis of starting and completion times and staffing requirements for each phase of construction.
- Assembles members of organization (supervisory, clerical, engineering, and other workers) at start of project.
- Orders procurement of tools and materials to be delivered at specified times to conform to work schedules.
- Confers with and directs supervisory personnel and subcontractors engaged in planning and executing work procedures, interpreting specifications, and coordinating various phases of construction to prevent delays.
- Confers with supervisory personnel and other company representatives to resolve complaints and grievances within work force.
- Confers with supervisory and project management personnel and inspectors and suppliers of tools and materials to resolve construction problems and improve construction methods.
- Inspects work in progress to ensure that workmanship conforms to specifications and the adherence to construction schedules.
- Prepares or reviews reports on progress, materials used and costs, and adjusts work schedules as indicated by reports.
- Directs workers concerned with major maintenance or reconditioning projects for existing installations.
- Prepares and reports payroll, per diem, daily reports, safety rosters, etc.
- Ensures safety rules and regulations are followed (OSHA, client, and company rules
- Provides on-the-job training for subordinates
- Works with human resources and other supervisors within the company to hire and/or transfer employees as needed
- Provides discipline and praise to employees as needed in the form of warnings, terminations, evaluations, and pay increases
Manages 1-2 subordinate supervisors who supervise a total of 8-10 employees on the Construction Crew. Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of these units. Also directly supervises 8-10 non-supervisory employees. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Four to ten years metal building erection experience and/or training
To perform this job successfully, an individual with knowledge of Internet, Vista by Viewpoint, Excel, and Word is preferred.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Current Driver’s License, CDL preferred, OSHA 30 preferred, First Aid/CPR preferred, Certified Crane Operator preferred
Other Skills and Abilities
Ability to speak Spanish is preferred; Experience in both concrete and steel is preferred
Must be willing to travel and work nights/weekends/holidays as required by client.
DUNN BUILDING COMPANY
Since 1878, Dunn has been a construction leader throughout the Southeast.
Dunn Building Company is the leader in design build construction for national and international industrial companies throughout Alabama and the Southeast.
Dunn Building s elite team of experienced construction professionals deliver excellence in design/build, design assist and specialty contracting for , and .
Dunn offers employees a great place to work with excellent opportunities for advancement and unmatched benefits including: Blue Cross Blue Shield medical and dental insurance, Aetna life and disability insurance, EyeMed vision insurance, optional insurance policies through Colonial, holiday pay, paid time off, bonus potential, and 401k.
Location: Athens, AL
Job date: Wed, 22 Jun 2022 22:16:04 GMT
Apply for the job now!