Job title: Meat/Seafood Clerk
Company: Sprouts Farmers Market
Job description: Job Description:
Does the opportunity to work with protein foods sound exciting? Does the opportunity to learn a skilled craft and working with your hands sound like an exciting adventure? Do you have a passion for delivering an extraordinary customer service experience while working in a fast paced and friendly environment? If the thought of helping people make healthy choices in one of the fastest growing retailers is up your alley – then we need YOU to join our winning team at Sprouts Farmers Market as a Meat Clerk!
Overview of Responsibilities
As a Meat Clerk at Sprouts Farmers Market, you will be working in one of the most popular departments in our store! As a Meat Clerk you are responsible for providing a high level of customer service, practicing safe food handling procedures and a high level of product knowledge and preparation techniques. A hands on position, the Meat Clerk receives, stores, and grinds meats; unloads and transports fresh, cured, and boxed meats and poultry from delivery truck; counts and weighs incoming articles and compares results against an invoice; and examines meats in storage and rotates meats to avoid aging. A Meat Clerk provides a high level of prompt and friendly customer service; assists customers with questions, and special orders and needs, while maintaining a positive, customer focused work environment. The Meat Clerk has knowledge of weekly ad items; gives customers direction of product location throughout the store, and is able to perform and follow our “Clean as You Go” and “Fresh at 4” Programs. This position requires adhering to all procedural guidelines set by the Meat Department. If you’re someone who thrives in a fast pace environment then we want to hear from you!
To be a Meat Clerk at Sprouts Farmers Market you must:
- Be at least 18 years of age, and have a high school diploma or equivalent and have a basic knowledge of math, weights and measures.
- Be dependable and reliable and perform other related duties as assigned.
- Have and show an outgoing and friendly behavior; a positive attitude and the ability to interact with our customers.
- Have the ability to work a flexible schedule that changes as the business changes including nights, weekends and holidays.
- Have good communication skills; and the ability to take direction and participate in a team environment
- Perform general housekeeping in the department; clean and sanitize work area (including tables, floor, walls, cases, cooler, freezer, etc.).
- Adhere to all safety, health, weights and measures regulations, and company recipes
- Must be capable of standing for up to 4 hour continuously, and a total of 8 hours per shift is a must; will walk up to 2 miles per 8 hours.
- Be able to work inside a temperature controlled area, and perform general housekeeping in the department; clean and sanitize work area (including tables, floor, walls, cases, cooler, freezer, etc.).
- Possess good vision is required for using sharp knives, band saw, grinder, sausage maker, box cutter, wrapping machine and tenderizer.
- Be able to lift/carry products horizontally/vertically between 25 to 90 lbs., from 4” to 60”, a distance up to 10 feet for 20 hours.
- Be able to use a pallet jack to move pallets horizontally up to 500 lbs., requiring a force of up to 85 lbs., a distance up to 100 feet for up to 5 hours.
- Be able to horizontally move racks of products weighing up to 70 lbs., requiring a force up to 25 lbs., for a distance up to 50 feet for up to 10 hours.
- Be able to move tables weighing up to 70 lbs., requiring a force greater than 35 lbs., a distance up to 2 feet for up to 1 hour.
In addition to a rewarding career, Sprouts offers a comprehensive program to help support you and your family. These programs include:
- Competitive pay
- Opportunities for career growth
- 15% discount for you and one other family member in your household on all purchases made at Sprouts
- Flexible schedule
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Eligibility requirements may apply for the following benefits:
- 401(K) Retirement savings plan with a generous company match
- Minimum essential coverage medical plans
- Voluntary coverage such as short-term disability, hospital indemnity, accident, and critical illness
- Competitive vacation and sick time programs
Grow with us!
If you have a passion for inspiring people and a flair for fresh food, consider applying for a job at Sprouts! With a focus on customer service, our neighborhood grocery stores offer high-quality, farm fresh produce, natural meats, plenty of scoop-your-own bulk goods and much more in a fun, friendly, old-fashioned farmer’s market setting. Come grow your career in healthy living with a fast-paced, rapidly growing company and teams that pride themselves on empowering others along their journey.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this work. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and requirements. Sprouts’ management reserves the right to amend and change duties, responsibilities, and requirements to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.
California Residents: We collect information in accordance with California law, please see for more information.
Location: Franklin, TN
Job date: Fri, 22 Jul 2022 07:42:27 GMT
Apply for the job now!