Job title: Manufacturing Supervisor (Wednesday-Saturday 6:00 AM -4:30 PM)
Company: LSNE Contract Manufacturing
Job description: Thrive in the dynamic and challenging environment of a contract development and manufacturing organization. Driven to excel through self-leadership and thriving team engagement. If this describes you, then look no further than LSNE. We have the experience, expertise and a successful track record in completing development of life-changing pharmaceuticals and medical devices. Together with our clients, we work to bring about treatment of many forms of cancers, Diabetes, communicable diseases, and many other illnesses. Come make a difference. Your work will matter and your contributions will be significant in these endeavors.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package and a very generous paid time off benefit.
Join our team!
Manufacturing Supervisor-Bedford, NH
The Manufacturing Supervisor leads a manufacturing team in a variety of complex tasks in accordance with the FDA and other regulatory agencies while following all safety guidelines of LSNE/PCI. They will be responsible for supervising an aseptic and medical device manufacturing team (ex. equipment preparation, formulation, filtration, aseptic / non-aseptic compounding, filling and Lyophilization activities). Ensure execution of production plan across multiple shifts and manage staff performance against department’s operational goals.
JOB DUTIES –
- Ensure safety of manufacturing area and work practices in accordance with all LSNE Health, Safety and Environmental program.
- Be highly visible, hands-on team builder to motivate, coach, support, inspire and retain highly effective teams while managing for high performance and developing others
- Coordinate and supervise Manufacturing personnel in the cGMP operations to meet all scheduled manufacturing work
- Partner with Planning to ensure effective prioritization and schedule adherence and to meet all required capacity demands
- Guide and train employees to ensure FDA and other regulatory agency requirements have been properly implemented and are continually met.
- Plan and execute manufacturing instructions in order to perform equipment preparation, and fill activities for aseptic and non-aseptic products in accordance with Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP)
- Collaborate with the other supervisors and enabling groups to optimize processes
- Recruit and supervise staff to execute department functions; ensure effective utilization of resources through consistent performance management
- Provide leadership, guidance, and direction to staff in alignment with cGMP requirements, department goals and corporate quality standards
- Proactively identifies, assesses, and mitigates operational and organizational risks; escalate key risks and issues to manufacturing senior management and cross-functional support teams
- Establish key performance indicators in alignment with department goals, maintain and report applicable area or organizational metrics
- Collaborate with training to design department training plan and training plan execution. Ensure Training materials are accurate and sufficiently detailed
- Ensure Timely completion of investigations, deviations and CAPAs. Utilize quality metrics to measure, analyze, and improve team performance. Ensure Real time batch review and “Right First Time”
- Ensure Inspection readiness of assigned manufacturing areas. Participates in inspections conducted by external clients and regulators
- Identifies continuous improvement opportunities to improve processes and practices
PROFESSIONAL SKILLS –
- Experience with GMPs, FDA and other regulated agency environments is required
- Experienced in making real time decisions on safety, process, scheduling and personnel-related issues.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple resources in a production environment with flexibility to meet organizational needs
- Proven leadership, persuasiveness, initiative, and problem solving skills
- 5-7 years of experience in a GMPs environment required
- 3-5 years of experience leading direct reports or teams is preferred
- Minimum High School Diploma
- Attention to detail
- Team oriented
- Results driven
- Comfortable with communication skills to all levels of the organization
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS & MENTAL DEMANDS-
- Lifting/Pushing/Pulling up to 40lbs –
- Walking –
- Standing –
- Sitting –
- Bending –
- Stooping –
- Kneeling –
- Able to travel between LSNE/PCI facilities
- Successfully prioritize and manage multiple tasks/projects
COMMUNICATIONS & CONTACTS –
- The supervisor will be responsible for communicating the status of all projects to their Manufacturing Manager
- Interacts with cross functional support teams such as Operations, Materials Management, Engineering, MTS, R&D, Validation, QA, etc.
MANAGERIAL & SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES –
- Responsible for directing activities of staff members
- Prepare employee performance evaluations
- Recommend merit increases based on performance
- Must be able to observe and identify potential employees’ issues and recommend/carryout disciplinary action as necessary
- There are multiple direct reports including various levels of Manufacturing Technicians
- Collaborate with other Manufacturing Supervisors as necessary to carryout responsibilities
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Location: Bedford, NH
Job date: Sat, 11 Jun 2022 06:06:33 GMT
Apply for the job now!