Job title: Manufacturing Supervisor – Finishing
Job description: Cooper Tire, A Goodyear company offers an entirely unique work experience because no matter what your title is, you’ll play a part in contributing to the development, manufacturing and marketing of some of the most innovative tire products in the world. Cooper is a fun and exciting place to work, and we easily stand apart from our competition. We’re constantly on the lookout for motivated individuals who lead by example and inspire others to greatness. The opportunities are endless and the rewards rich for those who believe that job satisfaction and career success begin with a satisfied customer. Careers are a Journey…Come Ride with Us!
The Production Supervisor for Sort and Palletize/Mold Shop/Finishing will supervise area employees and coordinate activities of those employees engaged in operating a variety of machines or processes by performing the following duties. Responsibilities of this position include training employees, planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Other Responsibilities include the following:
- Analyzes work orders to estimate worker hours and create schedules that meet both internal and external needs
- Computes amounts of stock and supplies required for operations
- Interprets specifications and job orders to workers, and assigns duties
- Plans flow of materials through department
- Interfaces with others in the organization to ensure customer deadlines are met
- Inspects and measures products to verify conformance to specifications
- Directs workers in adjusting machines and equipment which fail to meet standards
- Establishes or adjusts work procedures to meet production schedules
- Develops, recommends, and implements measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, and quality of product
- Suggests changes in working conditions and use of equipment to increase efficiency
- Analyzes and resolves work problems, or assists workers in solving work problems
- Maintains time and production records
- Bachelor’s degree
- 1-2 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Black Belt or Green Belt Certification desired
- Flexibility to work a 2-2-3 schedule rotating between days and nights
Cooper Tire, recently acquired by Goodyear, is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need reasonable accommodation to complete the online application, or any other part of the employment process, please contact the Goodyear Candidate Care Line at 330.796.4500.
Click here for more information about Equal Employment Opportunity laws, and here for additional supplementary information.
Location: Texarkana, AR
Job date: Wed, 20 Jul 2022 04:04:15 GMT
Apply for the job now!