Job title: Manufacturing Engineer
Company: Zentech Manufacturing I
Job description: Zentech Manufacturing, Inc. is seeking a Manufacturing Engineer for New Product Integration and Continuous Improvement. Join a fast-paced production environment with a variety of advanced manufacturing processes serving customers in diverse fields including Defense, Medical, and more. At Zentech, you will work with experienced engineers to develop repeatable processes for production at scale. Refine existing processes for efficiency, driving down costs and defects. There are many opportunities to expand beyond the role and learn new skills.
Manufacturing Engineer Job Responsibilities:
Candidates Must Be Ready To:
- Provide technical guidance to Production operations.
- Review drawings, sketches, schematics, manuals or sample parts to establish appropriate manufacturing process.
- Create production documentation from customer files and standard manufacturing practices.
- Create Process Flow Routings for use in production.
- Create efficient production process and work instructions to build and ship custom configured product.
- Perform Root Cause Analysis to support Quality Team on Corrective Actions.
- Perform Design for Manufacturing (DFM) reviews as needed.
- Implement Engineering Change Orders (ECO) into production documentation as required.
- Follow-up with Production on assemblies during New Product Introduction (NPI) and engineering changes.
- Establish methods to improve production processes for cost, schedule, and quality.
- Review industry standards and customer requirements then act as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) to drive best practices for manufacturability.
- Develop and document operational procedures for equipment then train Production.
Manufacturing Engineer Qualifications and Skills
The Preferred Candidate:
- Is self-motivated, detail-oriented, highly organized, and excellent at communication.
- Possesses strong analytical skills and ability to communicate effectively.
- Has experience in engineering support within a manufacturing operation and hands-on knowledge of electro-mechanical manufacturing and assembly equipment.
- Has experience in an environment utilizing AS9100 documentation systems.
- Has earned a Lean Certificate or Six Sigma belt and is prepared to discuss the project used to achieve.
- Is up to date on problem solving and process improvement practices.
- Should have at least three years’ experience in the electronics manufacturing industry.
- Has a strong understanding of the procedures required to successfully manufacture product though all the required technologies, such as SMT, Through-Hole, and Box Build.
- Should have strong understanding of or certification in the manufacturing standards required for electronics manufacturing (IPC-610, J-STD-001) as they apply to both commercial and military products.
- Previous experience with conformal coating, mechanical assembly are also preferred.
All Candidates Must Have
- B.S. degree in an engineering field, particularly Electrical, Mechanical, Manufacturing, or Industrial Engineering.
- Demonstrated ability to read and interpret engineering drawings and interpret instructions from operating manuals.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and switch priorities as demanded by changing circumstances.
- Basic computer literacy and possess skills with various programs including Microsoft Office products.
- Ability to read and understand electronics industry standards, unique customer requirements, as well as manufacturing documentation systems.
- The ability to regularly reach and lift up to 30 pounds.
- Good vision (glasses or contacts accepted) and ability to inspect small fine detail.
- Experience and ability with handling small power tools, and the ability to learn the operation of large production equipment.
- The ability to perform the same duties that all production personnel perform when called upon to instruct new operators or expedite material in time crunches.
- This position may require exposure to information which is subject to US export control regulations, i.e. the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of U.S. regulations.
This is a full-time position located in Windsor Mill, Maryland. Core hours are 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM. Manufacturing Engineers also rotate support of production on Saturdays, which usually means working 1 Saturday every 6-8 weeks. Additionally, extra hours will sometimes be necessary as determined by production needs – typically 0-5 hours per week. This is a salaried position which provides health insurance and paid vacation days. Additionally, relocation packages are available.
Location: Baltimore, MD
Job date: Thu, 16 Jun 2022 07:23:14 GMT
Apply for the job now!