Job title: Manufacturing Engineer
Company: Stanley Black & Decker
Job description: Business
No. of Positions
Onsite Manufacturing Engineer – Elyria, OH
We Don’t Just Build The World, We Build Innovative Technology Too.
It takes great people to achieve greatness. People with a sense of purpose and integrity. People with a relentless pursuit of excellence. People who care about making things better For Those Who Make The World™. Sound like you? Join our top-notch team of 56,000+ professionals in 60 countries who are making their mark on some of the world’s most beloved brands, including DEWALT, CRAFTSMAN, STANLEY, BLACK+DECKER, IRWIN, LENOX and more.
What You’ll Do
As a Manufacturing Engineer, you’ll be part of our Fasteners Management team located in Elyria, OH.
- Establish product definition and documentation, identifying the optimal production method, designing tooling, supporting production, reducing costs, improving quality, and driving 6S Lean principles
- Review customer drawings and inquiries; determine manufacturing methodology and rates, material requirements
- Provide cost data for quotations
- Establish product function and critical characteristics for the customers’ application
Who You Are
You always strive to do a good job…but wouldn’t it be great if you could do your job and do a world of good? You care about quality – at every level. You love to learn and grow and be acknowledged for your valuable contributions. You’re not intimidated by innovation. In fact, you embrace it. You also have:
- Bachelor’s degree (B. S.) in an engineering discipline from four-year college or university; and minimum three (3) years related experience and/or training.
- Working knowledge of cold heading and cold heading design tooling required.
- Working knowledge of centerless grinding, hot forging, and roll threading preferred.
- Experience with ERP systems preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft Word/Excel/PowerPoint, and AutoCad required.
What You’ll Receive
You’ll receive a competitive salary and a great benefits plan:
- Medical, dental, life, vision, wellness program, disability, 401(k), Employee Stock Purchase Plan, paid time off and tuition reimbursement.
- Discounts on Stanley Black & Decker tools and other partner programs.
How You’ll Feel
We want our company to be a place you’ll want to be – and stay. Being part of our team means you’ll get to:
- Grow: Be part of our global company with 20+ brands to grow and develop your skills along multiple career paths.
- Learn: Have access to a wealth of learning resources, including our Lean Academy, Coursera® and online university.
- Belong: Experience an awesome place to work, where we have mutual respect and a great appreciation for diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Give Back: Help us continue to make positive changes locally and globally through volunteerism, giving back and sustainable business practices.
What’s more, you’ll get that pride that comes from empowering makers, doers, protectors and everyday heroes all over the world. We’re more than the #1 tools and storage company and #2 security solutions provider, with a leading presence in engineered fastening. We’re visionaries. Industry 4.0 innovators. As successful as we’ve been in the past, we have so much further to go. That’s where you come in. Join us!
All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran’s status or any other protected characteristic.
FLSA (For US Only)
Featured Category on SBD Careers
Location: Elyria, OH
Job date: Sun, 10 Jul 2022 03:31:02 GMT
Apply for the job now!