Job title: Manufacturing Engineer | Electronics
Company: Michael Page
Job description: The Manufacturing Engineer will work daily on engineering projects to improve existing programs/processes while also assisting the leadership team on new projects in regards to technical aspects. This role will report directly to the VP of Manufacturing.
- Direct the technical aspects of the hourly employees manufacturing the products. Including resolving problems, improving the quality, performance and manufacturing costs of these products.
- Discuss product specifications and applications with customers and sales personnel.
- Assist in redesiging products as needed based on customer needs
- Work to improve the design and operation of assigned products in an effort to improve its performance in the field and acceptance by the customer.
- Other assignments within manufacturing, such as engineering new products outside of assigned products, assisting with engineering inspections and evaluation of components during incoming inspection, etc.
- Develop, or suggest improvements to existing, test fixtures and assembly fixtures.
- Should possess working knowledge of statistical methods, and be able to present data and findings in a suitable manner for internal consumption, as well as for customer presentation.
- Understanding of basic machining operations, design tolerance stack-ups, fabrication prints, and GD&T
- Develop Work Instructions for customer assemblies, and, when necessary, Test Instructions and Quality Documents for those products.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual’s status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
Direct access to senior leadership within company|Thriving company with stable client base
- 3+ years of manufacturing and/or production experience in an electronics environment
- Knowledge of blueprints/GD&T
- Working knowledge of CAD
- Experience creating Work Instructions
- Exposure to working with customers to evaluate and develop technical solutions for new programs
Nice to Have skills:
- Radio Frequency or electric circuit knowledge/manufacturing
- Designing test fixtures or assembly fixtures
Our client is a leading electronics manufacturer supporting customers primarily in Radio Frequency applications, power distribution & energy, and consumer goods manufacturing. They have been around for more than 70 years, with their HQ and manufacturing here in Illinois with distribution facilities around the globe, and over 350 employees currently. With a stable client base, our client is in a strong position in the industry and is poised for even more growth.
- Base Salary $75,000 to $85,000 depending on level of experience
- 3 weeks PTO
- 10 paid holidays
- Medical, dental, vision
- S/L disability, Life Insurance
- 401(k) match 4%
- 10% bonus incentive
- Sign-on bonus
Expected salary: $75000 – 85000 per year
Location: Elburn, IL
Job date: Sun, 10 Jul 2022 00:40:27 GMT
Apply for the job now!