Job title: Manager, Tax
Job description: Unit Description
Sodexo has an exciting new opening for a Tax Manager within the Tax Department located at our headquarters in Gaithersburg, Maryland. Hybrid work schedule. Relocation Assistance provided.
The successful candidate will:
- Prepare and review income tax provision, including any required disclosures using OneSource tax provision software
- Prepare and review tax account rollforwards, deferred tax balances, effective tax rate reconciliation, return to provision calculations, and valuation allowance analysis
- Prepare corporate and partnership tax returns and supporting workpapers
- Prepare position papers for tax issues
- Assist with income tax audits and respond to notices
- Provide support with research, implementation, and monitoring tax-planning projects
- Provide support to other departments with corporate income tax issues
- Prioritize work assignments with minimal supervision
- Interpret internal policies and procedures
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who are/have:
- BS/BA (concentration in Accounting or Finance)
- CPA/MST or working toward it is a plus
- 5+ years of tax experience with a CPA firm and/or Industry tax department
- High degree of initiative and ability to work independently and in teams
- Ability to work with all levels of Management
- Demonstrated strong communication, interpersonal and analytical skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- One Source Tax Software knowledge required
- Knowledge of tax return preparation software Corptax and SAP system preferable
- Knowledge of tax research software such as CCH and BNA preferable
At Sodexo, we believe every employee should have the resources to be their best. As part of our overall rewards, we offer benefits programs designed to help you maintain a healthy lifestyle including health, dental and vision insurance. We also offer other benefits like paid time off, financial and savings programs, 401k, and access to our employee assistance program and other discounts. Click here for more information about .
Not the job for you?
At Sodexo, we offer positions that support a variety of career goals working in diverse business segments, including Corporate Headquarters, Corporate, Schools, Universities, Government and Agencies, Healthcare, Senior Living and Sports and Leisure locations across the United States. .
Working for Sodexo:
How far will your ambition, talent and dedication take you? Sodexo fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and career growth opportunities.
Has in-depth knowledge in own discipline and basic knowledge of activities surrounding organization tax policy and monitoring compliance. Analyzes the tax implications of the organization’s activities, projects and investments. Assists in minimizing tax liability and maximizing after-tax profits and cash flows. Assists in preparation of tax returns and related reports to ensure compliance with all national and local tax laws and regulations. Solves complex problems; takes a new perspective on existing solutions. Works independently; receives minimal guidance. May lead projects or project steps within a broader project or have accountability for ongoing activities or objectives. Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience. May represent the level at which career may stabilize for many years or even until retirement.
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement – Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
Basic Management Experience – 5 years
Basic Functional Experience – 3 years
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.
Location: Gaithersburg, MD
Job date: Fri, 22 Jul 2022 07:42:31 GMT
Apply for the job now!