Job title: Manager – Station Operations Control
Company: United Airlines
Job description: There’s never been a more exciting time to join United Airlines. We’re on a path towards becoming the best airline in the history of aviation. Our shared purpose – Connecting People, Uniting the World – is about more than getting people from one place to another. It also means that as a global company that operates in hundreds of locations around the world with millions of customers and tens of thousands of employees, we have a unique responsibility to uplift and provide opportunities in the places where we work, live and fly, and we can only do that with a truly diverse and inclusive workforce. And we’re growing – in the years ahead, we’ll hire tens of thousands of people across every area of the airline. Our careers include a competitive benefits package aimed at keeping you happy, healthy and well-traveled. From employee-run “Business Resource Group” communities to world-class benefits like parental leave, 401k and privileges like space available travel, United is truly a one-of-a-kind place to work. Are you ready to travel the world?
At United, we fly into airports around the entire world. And we need a whole team of people to keep things running in tip-top shape. From the check-in counter to the departure gate, and even behind the scenes, our Airport Operations team keeps operations at our airports running smoothly every single day.
Lead daily operations for the station operations center (SOC) and the Newark hub. Responsible for leading all aspects of the day-to-day performance, including direct oversight of the SOC, communication with senior leadership, the NOC leadership and other hub departments. Hold the primary responsibly for tactical planning at the hub.
Coordinate station future flight planning activities collaborating with Network Planning, Government Agencies and Local Stakeholders to ensure all airport departments have the information to prepare and make vital adjustments to support changes to future flight schedules and operations. This includes close coordination on how flight schedules are gated, use of assigned gates, management of growth and ensuring airport infrastructure supports successful execution of planned schedules. Foresee future challenges and communicate the course of action necessary in a core4 fashion to achieve both station and enterprise objectives. This includes future growth and expansion planning.
- Maintain, analyze and communicate operational performance metrics as they relate to quality customer service, market focus, DOT performance and critical initiatives
- Partner with NOC to address system and local issues that have a significant impact to safety, security, employees, customer and baggage handling, aircraft scheduling, facility and field conditions
- Lead all aspects of resolution of all operational critical issues involving any department, service provider and/or governmental agency
- Raise operational critical issues to senior leadership
- Lead IRROPS tactical planning and funnel ops critical communication to station senior leadership across all division
- Lead staffing for Operations Control Managers and provide performance leadership and mentorship to the SOC team and Hub organization
United values diverse experiences, perspectives, and we encourage everyone who meets the minimum qualifications to apply. While having the “desired” qualifications make for a stronger candidate, we encourage applicants who may not feel they check ALL of those boxes! We are always looking for individuals who will bring something new to the table!
What’s needed to succeed (Minimum Qualifications):
- 5+ years working in an airline, preferably a hub environment
- Outstanding interpersonal skills
- Outstanding problem-solving skills
- Proven record for significant actions backed by strategic planning, continuous improvement, analytical thinking, goal-directed leadership, and service-oriented performance
- Demonstrated leadership ability and desire to work independently in a fast-paced environment
- In-depth knowledge of airline operations, management, logistics and technology
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Proactive and self-directed management style
- Be an influencer among your peers and other leaders across the organization
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States for any employer without sponsorship
- Successful completion of interview required to meet job qualification
- Reliable, punctual attendance is a crucial function of the position
What will help you propel from the pack (Preferred Qualifications):
- Bachelor’s degree and/or related field experience in an airline operational environment
- Experience working with operational programs such as Inform Real Time Stands, Unimatic, IOM and similar programs
- Knowledge of FAA and ATC practices and procedures
United Airlines is an equal opportunity employer. United Airlines recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, physical ability, age, veteran status and other protected status as required by applicable law. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions. Please contact to request accommodation.
Location: Newark, NJ
Job date: Fri, 22 Jul 2022 07:44:50 GMT
Apply for the job now!