Job title: Manager, Software Engineering
Job description: Job Description:
At Verint, we believe customer engagement is the core of every global brand. Our mission is to help organizations discover opportunities previously only scarcely imagined by connecting work, data, and experiences enterprise wide. We hire innovators with the passion, creativity, and drive to answer constantly shifting market challenges and deliver impactful results for our customers. Our commitment to attracting and retaining a talented, diverse, and engaged team creates a collaborative environment that openly celebrates all cultures and affords personal and professional growth opportunities. Learn more at
Overview of Job Function
The Software Engineering Manager understands and participates in the design, development, and implementation of the IVA Integration Platform and tools. The successful candidate:
- Manages assigned development teams through multiple projects.
- Works closely with stakeholders in other parts of Verint and with our partners.
- Utilizes proficiency and highly developed skills to analyze and assist work on complex projects.
- Utilizes current experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
Principal Duties and Essential Responsibilities
- Lead and manage geographically distributed teams within the software development function.
- Develop and implement software development plans, policies, and procedures.
- Ensure software development standards are met and procedures are adhered to.
- Perform root cause analysis.
- Collaborate with other departments to prioritize software development needs including design, development, documentation and testing new and existing software.
- Evaluate results with stakeholders to determine if organizational objectives are being met.
- Analyze and resolve software development issues and needs in terms of the software’s full life cycle.
- Resolve issues and contribute to the business unit/area development.
- Lead and participate in design reviews.
- Provide peer advisement to Senior Software, Software and Associate Software Engineers.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or other related degree, or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 4 years progressive management experience with 6+ years overall software development experience
- Experience developing and/or consuming REST based web services
- Experience in fault-tolerant or highly-available, distributed systems
- Familiarity with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within software design and development
- Experience in Object Oriented analysis and design
- General understanding and proven real-world design experience with operating system fundamentals (multi-processing, multi-threading, inter-process communication, disk I/O, network I/O, memory allocation, etc.)
- Excellent organization, time management, and leadership skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Successful completion of a background screening process including, but not limited to, employment verifications, criminal search, OFAC, SS Verification, as well as credit and drug screening, where applicable and in accordance with federal and local regulations
- Masters degree preferred
- Ability to prioritize and delegate tasks across team boundaries and/or geographically dispersed teams
- Detail oriented and highly organized with the ability to manage multiple priorities and parallel projects
- Ability to work under minimal supervision
About Us: At Verint, we believe customer engagement is the core of every global brand. Our mission is to help organizations discover opportunities previously only scarcely imagined by connecting work, data, and experiences enterprise wide. We hire innovators with the passion, creativity, and drive to answer constantly shifting market challenges and deliver impactful results for our customers. Our commitment to attracting and retaining a talented, diverse, and engaged team creates a collaborative environment that openly celebrates all cultures and affords personal and professional growth opportunities. Learn more at www.verint.com.
About the Team: As an equal opportunity employer, Verint Systems, Inc. prides itself in providing employees with a work environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. This means we are committed to providing equal opportunity to all qualified employees and applicants for employment without regard to one’s race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, sex stereotyping, gender identity, gender expression, or transgender status), disability, alienage or citizenship status, marital status, creed, genetic predisposition or carrier status, sexual orientation, Veteran status, political affiliation or any other classification or characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including but not limited to hiring, placement, promotion, compensation, training, leave of absence or termination.
Job date: Thu, 21 Jul 2022 05:34:59 GMT
Apply for the job now!