Job title: Manager Patient Access / PA Denial Management
Company: Hartford HealthCare
Job description: Work where every moment matters.
Every day, approximately 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
The creation of the HHC System Support Office recognizes the work of a large and growing group of employees whose responsibilities are continually evolving so that we and our departments now work on behalf of the system as a whole, rather than a single member organization.
With the creation of our new umbrella organization we now have our own identity with a unique payroll, benefits, performance management system, service recognition programs and other common practices across the system.
Reporting to the Hartford Healthcare Director of Financial Clearance, this position oversees the finan-cial clearance team. The team oversees, but not limited to, pre-service estimates and collections in compliance with the system’s Financial Clearance Policy. This role oversees the day to day operational activities related to financial clearance for both hospital and professional services. The manager pro-vides oversight and leadership to the staff and coordinates with other departments, including clini-cians, to ensure accuracy of patient information and optimal patient experience. The manager must make decisions in a fast-paced fluid environment, have strong communication skills, and is responsi-ble for creating a culture of patient centered care and customer service, consistent with Hartford Healthcare’s Mission, Values and Vision.
The manager helps foster an environment in which continuous improvement in business processes and services is welcomed and recognized. This position requires integral participation in communica-tion and quality improvement initiatives with patients, insurance companies, department administra-tors, physicians, and other departmental staff to ensure the ideal patient experience. Collaborates with staff and leadership within the organization to drive standard processes and ensure consistency of practices as well as continuous process improvement within financial clearance. Develop plan to communicate, implement, drive and support operational and cultural changes.
Provides more complex analysis, advice and coaching in response to business issues and executes ap-propriate shared services strategy. Create and deliver weekly/monthly reports for Director of Financial Clearance and senior level leadership within the organization.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES: * Responsible for oversight of daily management related to revenue cycle functions that impact financial clearance. This includes the implementation of Financial Clearance policies and procedures for the system and scaling out of services for pre-service estimates and collections.
- Responsible for overall metrics of pre-service estimate and collections, up to and not limited to, quality and productivity. Key stakeholder for over-sighting quality and productivity improvements by identifying opportunities, aligning department goals, and recommending the implementation of changes.
- Creates a plan to drive the rollout of changes by coordinating meetings, building consensus for next steps, and holding individuals accountable for department goals.
- Partner with the key stakeholders (i.e. revenue cycle, physician and hospital leaders) to facilitate the flow of information and discuss issue-specific resolution approach to ensure optimal customer service.
- Continuously models H3W leadership behaviors for self and team.
- Manage the implementation and testing of financial clearance expansions while model-ing the efficient operation of the unit by providing clear and specific goals and timely feedback.
- Direct priorities and own communication regarding the initiative to parties involved in the program (Solution Team Members, Solution Team Leaders). Escalate proposals and required next steps in instances where support is necessary to achieve initiative objectives.
- Perform deep-dive research to back-up work of the staff and supervisors where necessary and appropriate, including special projects as needed.
REQUIREMENTS AND SPECIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing required.
- Master’s Degree in Nursing, Healthcare Management, Business Administration, or related field preferred.
- Two(2) to three (3) years of leadership experience preferred. Epic Experience preferred.
Licensure, Certification, Registration
- RN required.
Knowledge, Skills and Ability Requirements:
Ability to relate clinical knowledge to best practices for Financial Clearance and to assure optimum re-sults. Ability to influence and manage large and diverse work groups to assure cohesive interactions to maximize achievement at meeting department and Organizational Goals.
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees– we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.
Job date: Fri, 22 Jul 2022 01:16:10 GMT
Apply for the job now!