Job title: Manager, Global Transportation
Job description: Job Description:
Founded in 1999, Dexcom, Inc. (NASDAQ: DXCM), develops and markets Continuous Glucose Monitoring (CGM) systems for ambulatory use by people with diabetes and by healthcare providers for the treatment of people with diabetes. The company is the leader in transforming diabetes care and management by providing CGM technology to help patients and healthcare professionals better manage diabetes. Since the company’s inception, Dexcom has focused on better outcomes for patients, caregivers, and clinicians by delivering solutions that are best in class – while empowering the community to take control of diabetes. Dexcom reported expected full-year 2021 revenues of $2.48B, a growth of 27% over 2020. Headquartered in San Diego, California, with additional offices in the Americas, Europe, and Asia Pacific, the company employs over 6,000 people worldwide.
Global Transportation Organization is seeking a Manager, Global Transportation to guide the vision and execution of strategic global transportation operations. Role is responsible for air, ocean, and international freight forwarder management, defining and executing strategies, while optimizing cost and service performance. This individual will be managing, planning, and overseeing global logistics to achieve financial, operational, and strategic goals. We are looking for a difference maker to join the team that can hit the ground running!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The Manager, Global Transportation is responsible for leading assigned transportation & logistics related initiatives and will support the execution of International Ocean & Air transportation projects and operations.
Responsibilities include facilitating, assisting and overseeing the sourcing and procurement events for global air & ocean transportation, analyzing and recommending international transportation, network modeling, continuous improvement activities, and network optimization strategies.
Develop Core Carrier programs with best-in-class service providers for international air, ocean, and NVOCC/International Freight Forwarders.
Manage international transportation sourcing events delivering cost / service benefits.
The development of KPI’s for each mode of transportation; to include managing under-performing carriers and their corrective action programs to return to Service Level Agreement Performance standard.
Transportation network assessment to identify areas of opportunity to optimize through continuous improvement / Lean Logistics methodology.
Building and nurturing positive working relationships with internal stakeholders, including supporting initiatives and strategies for Global Finished Goods, Interplant Replenishment as well as inbound supplier/contrat manufacturer shipments.
Manage freight audit and payment settlement process.
Identifying and assessing risks across the transportation network in order to develop contingency plans for all associated risks to ensure risk mitigation.
Experience in developing high service and cost benefit transportation networks globally inter-region as well as intra-region; to include support of international DC operations, manufacturing and customer shipments.
Solid international management of import and export shipments; to include establishing programs for the global regions.
Demonstrate ability to optimize transportation networks through continuous improvement and Lean principles.
Oversee the global movement of goods and working through transportation-related issues as needed.
Experienced with international air, ocean, and freight forwarder transportation.
Solid background in the selection and management of international air, ocean, NVOCC’s / International Freight Forwarders.
Managerial acumen in developing, creating and reporting on budget planning and explanation on budget variance monthly/quarterly.
First-hand knowledge of TMS (Transportation Management System) functionality and application.
Experience in developing KPI metrics and reports; inclusive of managing performance against those KPI metrics.
Analytical, strategic, problem-solving skills, proactive, contingency planning and ability to communicate effectively across the global business.
Experience with root cause analysis and corrective actions.
DOT/ Dangerous Goods / HAZ MAT knowledge a plus.
Knowledge of customs classification and clearance process.
Knowledge of Incoterms, and associated contract responsibilities.
Demonstrated experience in managing complex processes within cross-functional teams.
Must have an ability to manage and execute multiple priorities in a timely manner across multiple projects in a very fast-moving environment.
Experience and Education
- Typically requires a Bachelors degree with 8-12 years of industry experience.
- 2-5 years of previous management or lead experience.
Oversees the planning and controls the flow of materials, products, services and related systems information from point of origin to point of delivery. Areas of responsibility include but are not limited to supply chain services, inventory control, or critical parts availability, material handling, import-export licensing, third-party warehousing and shipping/receiving activities. Develops and implements logistics plans, budgets, and procedures to maximize compliance with customer needs within budget constraints. Provides financial reporting and reconciliation of inventories. Exhibits thorough understanding of international Letters of Credit and other forms of banking documents and international shipments. Interacts with vendors and peers in Manufacturing, Sales, Finance, and Product Development personnel to optimize systems and procedures. Selects, develops, and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function.
- Knowledge and awareness spans all aspects of the specific functional area.
- Having wide-ranging experience, uses professional concepts and knowledge of company objectives to resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways.
- Develops a proficiency of the company’s business / market in order to inform decisions.
- Receives assignments in the form of objectives and determines how to use resources to meet schedules and goals.
- Provides guidance to team members / supporting employees using established company policies.
- Frequently interacts with subordinate supervisors, customers, and/or functional peer group managers, normally involving matters between functional areas, other company divisions or units, or customers and the company.
- Works on issues of diverse scope where analysis of situation or data requires evaluation of a variety of factors.
- Follows processes and policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Erroneous decisions or failure to achieve results will add to costs and may impact the short-term goals of the organization.
- Manages the coordination of department/functional activities with responsibility for results, methods and staffing.
- In some instances may be responsible for a functional area or contracted / outsourced employees or matrixed reports.
- People management responsibilities include hiring / terminations, performance reviews, career development coaching and compensation decisions.
To all Staffing and Recruiting Agencies: Our Careers Site is only for individuals seeking a job at Dexcom. Only authorized staffing and recruiting agencies may use this site or to submit profiles, applications or resumes on specific requisitions. Dexcom does not accept unsolicited resumes or applications from agencies. Please do not forward resumes to the Talent Acquisition team, Dexcom employees or any other company location. Dexcom is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/applications.
Location: Mesa, AZ
Job date: Wed, 29 Jun 2022 23:18:47 GMT
Apply for the job now!