Job title: LVN – Health Care for Women
Company: Doctors on Duty
Job description: Salinas, Ca
Monday – Friday
The person in the position of Licensed Vocational Nurse is responsible for providing professional nursing care to patients under the supervision of the physician. This may include assisting physician and staff in coordinating patient care and working collaboratively to help meet positive patient outcomes.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES Includes but not limited to the following:
- Assists physicians with office visits by preparing treatment rooms, recording vital signs, and entering information in EMR
- Uses critical thinking to follow physician approved protocols for prescription refills, medication titration, patient education and pre- visit/ post- visit procedure instruction; utilizes appropriate physician consultation to work within the scope of practice
- Process medication refill requests per clinic protocol
- Demonstrates independent thinking with the ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Administers and documents medication following physicians’ order
- Assists physicians with office-based procedures and performs clinical tests within scope of practice
- Manages and operates medical equipment safely and correctly.
- Sterilize (autoclave) and wrap instruments.
- Restock lab area daily, including all drawers and treatment trays. Maintain inventory of medications and medical supplies.
- Greets patients and prepares them for physician examination. Screens patients for appropriate information. Instructs patients in collection of samples and tests.
- Performs all aspects of patient care in an environment that optimizes patient safety and reduces the likelihood of medical/ healthcare errors
- Communicate any patient needs to the physicians or appropriate staff
- Meets departmental productivity and customer services standards.
- Establishes and maintains a high level of employee morale
- Performs other duties as assigned
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Current Licensed Vocational Nurse or Registered Nurse in the State of California
- Current CPR certification
Bilingual may be required at certain clinics or during certain shifts.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Location: Salinas, CA
Job date: Wed, 25 May 2022 02:08:46 GMT
Apply for the job now!