Job title: Legal Specialist, Paralegal, Mergers and Acquisitions, Investments
Job description: Note: By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following: Mountain View, CA, USA; New York, NY, USA.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 4 years of experience as a corporate paralegal.
- 4 years of experience supporting mergers, acquisitions, and investment transactions.
- Experience drafting and reviewing legal documentation.
- Experience identifying and solving problems, managing projects, making process improvements, and working independently while collaborating as a member of a team.
- Ability to work on a wide range of legal matters.
- Excellent communications skills, commitment to professionalism, integrity, and collegiality.
About the job
Our Legal team needs more than attorneys to keep things moving. Our Legal Operations team is charged with improving and maintaining the Legal team’s internal processes, systems and tools. Responsible for tracking objectives, coordinating financial planning and solving technology challenges, you are entrepreneurial, proactive and highly organized. You keep costs down, engage third-party vendors and make the Legal team’s services better, faster and more efficient.
As a Legal Specialist, you will provide support to our attorneys and cross-functional team, a variety of Mergers and Acquisitions, investment, and other strategic corporate transactions by Alphabet and Google.
20th century laws don’t always solve 21st century problems, and Google Legal crafts innovative approaches for working with some of the toughest legal challenges of the information age. Whether you’re a patent attorney, an intellectual property expert or an engineer headed to law school, Google Legal lets you address unanswered legal quandaries and create new precedents. Our innovative services raise challenging questions that demand creative and practical answers. We provide those answers by working at the crossroads of the law and new technology, helping Google build innovative and important products for users around the world.
- Provide support to the Mergers and Acquisitions team and Investments Legal team on a variety of legal matters.
- Support all aspects of mergers, acquisitions, investments, and other strategic corporate transactions (e.g., due diligence, document preparation and review, closing mechanics, post-closing agreement integration, and administration).
- Coordinate corporate approvals (e.g., drafting resolutions, agreement briefings, etc.) and maintain agreement records.
- Manage corporate housekeeping tasks (e.g., document filing, data organization, tracking of documents), including routing documents for signature and distribution.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also and If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing our .
Location: Mountain View, CA
Job date: Sun, 03 Jul 2022 07:03:13 GMT
Apply for the job now!