Job title: Legal Editor – Case Law Summaries
Job description: This position exists to write brief summaries of the important facts, rules, and holdings in pertinent case law and to identify key rules of law, following established editorial guidelines. The editor will be responsible for meeting weekly production goals, while ensuring that the quality of the finished summaries and rules of law meets defined standards. This position also oversees the creation of statutory case note annotations. The position is homebased and can be based anywhere in the United States.
1. Review opinions to locate key rules of law, significant facts, and important holdings.
2. Edit rules of law for form and content.
3. Create summaries of the opinions, using PC-based tools and software.
4. Create case note annotations for statutory products, using PC-based tools and software.
5. Make decisions on complex legal editorial /analysis issues.
6. Ensure the timeliness and quality of completed summaries and annotations.
7. Other job duties as assigned by Editorial Manager.
1. Juris Doctor degree
2. Excellent analysis, research and writing skills
3. Ability to work independently, yet ask questions when appropriate
4. Effective reading comprehension skills and ability to quickly identify issues.
5. Ability to prioritize and meet critical deadlines.
6. Flexibility necessary to adapt to changing business demands.
7. Cultural awareness and ability to work across businesses and time zones
8. Ability to work in an ambiguous and continuously changing environment.
9. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
10. Ability to work at home
LexisNexis, a division of RELX Group, is an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, protected veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. If a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran needs a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, that individual should please contact [email protected] or if you are based in the US you may also contact us on 1.855.833.5120.
Please read our
Job date: Sat, 25 Jun 2022 04:54:51 GMT
Apply for the job now!