Job title: Legal Assistant/paralegal For Criminal Law Firm
Company: Rossen Law Firm
Job description: Rossen Law Firm is a growing criminal defense law firm in Fort Lauderdale that provides a meaningful and compassionate defense to each of our clients. We love helping good people when something bad happens. Our legal team is committed to producing outstanding results and building relationships with our clients.
You will be part of a thriving dream team comprised of the most passionate criminal defense attorneys and will be deeply involved in our commitment to providing our clients with the respect, understanding, and compassion that they deserve. We like to work hard but also have fun.
About the Role
We are looking for a Legal Assistant to join a team devoted to providing the best criminal defense legal services to our South Florida community. The Legal Assistant’s primary responsibility is to complete project work as assigned. This involves anticipating project needs, managing workload, and producing the highest quality work in a timely manner. We are looking for someone with strong project ownership, legal knowledge, and communication skills who thrives when working in a fast-paced collaborative team environment.
Knowledge of criminal law is a bonus but not necessary. Spanish speaking is a bonus but not necessary.
We Take Care of Our People
- Completive pay based on your experience and background
- 75 % of a Gold Plan Health coverage is paid by the firm.
- A generous number of vacation days each year including court holidays.
- 401(k) with a guaranteed employer contribution of 7.5% regardless of employee contribution
- Prepare, review and edit a wide range of criminal defense legal documents and correspondence of a confidential nature, and ensure high quality, accuracy, and comprehensiveness
- Open and close files in a timely fashion with exceptional accuracy
- Maintain the attorney calendar by planning and scheduling conferences, meetings, hearings, and depositions
- Represent your attorney by communicating and obtaining information from clients when requested; following up on delegated assignments; knowing when to act and when to refer matters to the attorney
- Subpoena witnesses for depositions and confirm their attendance
- Communicate with prosecutors and judicial assistants for scheduling court dates
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, set reasonable priorities, and manage time and deadline-driven workload
- Perform duties with due diligence and a proactive approach
- Reporting directly to your assigned attorney and anticipating their needs.
- Participate in daily and weekly department meetings to discuss tasks and cases.
- Impeccable communication among staff and clients at all times
- Build and maintain relationships with our clients
- Backup phones and intake responsibilities which include appointment setting for potential new clients.
- Associate’s degree required; Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 2+ years of related experience providing project support in a professional services firm
- Experience in criminal law is preferred but not required.
- Excellent computer skills and experience in Microsoft and Google applications and Case Management Software
- Strong customer service skills with a genuine desire to help people in need
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- An organized approach to multitasking in a high-activity environment
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- A self-starter who is reliable, resourceful, and detail-oriented
- An action-taker who is ready to roll their sleeves up and get to work.
- A tough person who is able to handle coaching in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to handle highly sensitive situations in a professional, confidential and courteous manner
- Leadership: Have the desire to take initiative and actively contribute to the team and firm
- Time Management Skills: Know how to prioritize your work
- Client Service: Have the mindset to provide impeccable customer service
- Toughness: Have the work ethic and positive attitude to thrive during difficult situations.
- A long-term commitment to being part of a growing and thriving law firm.
We are the largest Criminal and DUI defense law firm based out of Fort Lauderdale with 15 employees and have ambitious plans for growth. We also kick-butt in the courtroom and strive to give the Disney Experience to our clients. Our 600+ 5 star reviews attest to both the level of lawyering and relationships we build with our clients. P.S. It involves never using the work “criminal” – we simply don’t believe in it. We stand by our motto – We’re Here When Bad Things Happen to Good People.
All inquiries will be kept confidential.
Rossen Law Firm is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Location: Fort Lauderdale, FL
Job date: Mon, 13 Jun 2022 22:11:47 GMT
Apply for the job now!