Job title: Legal Assistant – Mass Torts
Company: Rubenstein Law, P.A.
Job description: Company Overview
Rubenstein law was founded in 1988 and is recognized as one of the premier injury firms in Florida. Over the years, Rubenstein law has grown from a leading auto and slip fall accident firm in Miami to being recognized across the state for our personal injury practice handling all types of injury and accident claims. We have a dedicated team that devotes all their time to representing multiple clients nationwide who have been injured.
Despite our growth, we continue to succeed by hiring a diverse team of highly skilled attorneys and dedicated staff who focus on putting our clients first and maximizing results. We were honored as a Top Workplace on Sun-Sentinel’s annual Best of List in 2018 and 2019.
The Legal Assistant works alongside their Attorney and Supervisor handling cases in the Pre-Suit phase while maintaining an open line of communication with clients, providers, and inter office teams and co-counsels in other states. Clients are not only limited to Florida but also national.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Daily interaction with clients, insurance companies, and medical providers via phone, email, or in-person.
- Research and locate all possible Defendants and Insurance coverage.
- Request and follow up with gathering supporting documents. Including, but not limited to, medical records, bills and/or Liens, etc.
- Review, upload, and process daily correspondence delivered via email, fax or through our paperless software.
- Schedule and maintain Attorney’s calendar.
- Attend client meetings with Attorney.
- Ensure cases are updated as needed with all information including, but not limited to Treatment information, gathering of records and bills, confirming insurance coverages and/or liens, confirm all medical providers have insurance information for billing purposes, verify balances, requesting and processing of PIP logs, etc.
- Preparing demands and closing statements.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bi-lingual: (English/Spanish) a plus, but not required.
- One year minimum office experience.
- Excellent Customer Service skills.
- Strong multitasking skills, highly organized, and detail oriented.
- Able to work accurately and efficiently in a high-paced environment
- Paid Time Off (PTO) plus 7-paid holidays
- Staff and Attorney bonuses
- Medical Benefits (Health, Dental, Vision, STD & LTD, and other medical coverages)
- Group and Optional Life insurance
- Employee Assistance Programs
- 401(k) with company matching
Powered by JazzHR
Location: North Miami, FL
Job date: Sat, 02 Jul 2022 07:51:30 GMT
Apply for the job now!