Job title: Legal Assistant (Managed Care & Real Estate Law)
Company: Cleveland Clinic
Job description: At Cleveland Clinic Health System, we believe in a better future for healthcare. And each of us is responsible for honoring our commitment to excellence, pushing the boundaries and transforming the patient experience, every day.
We all have the power to help, heal and change lives — beginning with our own. That’s the power of the Cleveland Clinic Health System team, and The Power of Every One.
Job Title Legal Assistant (Managed Care & Real Estate Law)
Facility Remote Location
Department Law Department-Executive Administration
Job Code U99876
Job Summary Under moderate to limited supervision and direction of a Law Department Supervisor and one or more Legal Counsel, performs secretarial and administrative support of complex, sensitive and confidential legal matters; to include the ability to prepare, review and/or process documents which require some independent analysis functions exercising moderate judgment and good working knowledge of organization and/or department work procedures. Must be able to obtain, assemble and organize data for use by others; establish and maintain filing and record keeping systems; triage incoming requests and research resolutions.
- Performs complex secretarial duties in a fast paced legal environment.
- Sets up, organizes and maintains paper and electronic filing systems in accordance with recognized procedures and standards.
- Prepares initial drafts of routine documents, minutes, spreadsheets and correspondence; proofreads and edits materials.
- Records and monitors deadlines.
- Transcribes dictation, prepares minutes, presentations and spreadsheets.
- Manages multiple calendars and telephone lines.
- Plans and schedules appointments, conferences and meetings.
- Coordinates necessary travel arrangements and travel expense reimbursement.
- Gathers and follows up on tasks or actions as required by Legal Counsel.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
- Associates degree preferred.
- None required.
Complexity of Work:
- Must be proficient in electronic databases involving legal matters, including, but not limited to, litigation, risk management, corporate governance, contracts, and other highly confidential information, including PHI.
- Strong organizational, communication and teamwork skills.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and professional demeanor.
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office, including Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Able to adapt to changing priorities and demands.
- Ability to work independently, manage large workloads and keep deadlines.
- Requires demonstrated typing proficiency of 65 wpm with accuracy. Knowledge and experience of a variety of pc and/or word processing systems.
- Knowledge of law practices.
- Knowledge of legal records and procedures.
- Minimum 5 years of legal office experience in a law firm, corporate legal department in a corporatism or law department in a healthcare system.
- Experience with document management systems.
- Offset: An Associate’s degree and 3 years of legal office experience in a law firm, corporate legal department in a corporatism or law department in a healthcare system.
- Ability to perform work in a stationary position for extended periods.
- Ability to travel throughout the hospital system.
- Ability to operate a computer, audio visual and other office equipment.
- Ability to communicate and exchange accurate information, including the ability to deliver training in person and virtually.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
The policy of Cleveland Clinic Health System and its system hospitals (Cleveland Clinic Health System) is to provide equal opportunity to all of our employees and applicants for employment in our tobacco free and drug free environment. All offers of employment are followed by testing for controlled substance and nicotine. Job offers will be rescinded for candidates for employment who test positive for nicotine. Candidates for employment who are impacted by Cleveland Clinic Health System’s Smoking Policy will be permitted to reapply for open positions after 90 days.
Cleveland Clinic Health System administers an influenza prevention program as well as a COVID-19 vaccine program. You will be required to comply with both programs, which will include obtaining an influenza vaccination on an annual basis, and being fully vaccinated against COVID-19, or obtaining an approved exemption.
Decisions concerning employment, transfers and promotions are made upon the basis of the best qualified candidate without regard to color, race, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, ancestry, status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran or any other characteristic protected by law. Information provided on this application may be shared with any Cleveland Clinic Health System facility.
Please review the .
Cleveland Clinic Health System is pleased to be an equal employment employer: Women / Minorities / Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities
Location: Cleveland, OH
Job date: Tue, 21 Jun 2022 22:14:46 GMT
Apply for the job now!