Job title: Legal Assistant
Company: Keches Law Group
Job description: Keches Law Group, P.C. is a well-established, growing, 50 attorney law firm with offices in Milton, Bridgewater, and Worcester, practicing in the areas of workers’ compensation, personal injury, medical malpractice, and discrimination. Keches Law Group has been named as one of Boston Globe’s 2020 Top Places to Work.
We are seeking a full time Legal Assistant to join our team in our Lawrence office. Training will be completed in our Milton office.
This is not a remote position so the candidate will need to live within commuting distance to the office.
Please note: If you are applying from another state, please include a cover letter explaining your plans to work in Massachusetts.
- Enhance department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments
- Coordinate case preparation and produce information by transcribing, formatting, inputting, editing, retrieving, copying, and transmitting text, data, and graphics.
- Requests reports and medical records and prepares them for court.
- Manage telephone communications by answering or directing inquiries, organizing client conferences and attorney meetings and other special functions.
- Represent Attorney by communicating and obtaining information; following-up on delegated assignments; knowing when to act and when to refer matters to attorney.
- Maintain client confidence by keeping client/attorney information confidential.
- Having prior experience in a law firm is preferred, although we are ready and willing to train the right person
- Documentation Skills
- Meeting Planning
- Telephone Skills
- General Office Experience
- PC Proficiency in MS Office
- Verbal Communication
- Internal Communications
- Client Relationships.
- Monday – Friday
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 401(k) Plan with Profit Sharing
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Savings Account
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Basic Life Insurance
- Long Term Life Insurance
- Bi-annual Bonus
- Employee Referral Bonuses
- Annual Mexico Trip Contest
- Event Raffles
- Free Parking
Planned offsite events throughout the year that include but are not limited to:
- F1 Racing
- Escape Room
- Summer Boston Harbor Party
- December Holiday Cruise
- Administrative Professionals’ Day Outing
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. This is largely a sedentary role, however the employee may at times be required to sit; stand; walk; use hands to handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift or move office products and supplies, up to 20 pounds.
Keches Law Group is an equal opportunity employer. Keches Law Group does not discriminate based on race, ancestry, national origin, color, religion, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other protected classification under the law.
Powered by JazzHR
Location: Lawrence, MA
Job date: Sun, 10 Jul 2022 00:54:12 GMT
Apply for the job now!