Job title: Legal Analyst, OGC
Company: Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
Job description: THE POSITION
The Department of Corrections is seeking a hardworking individual with an excellent work ethic to join our team as a Legal Analyst. Put your experience, knowledge, and skills to use. Experience the satisfaction of public service while enjoying the professional career growth, healthy work/life balance, and numerous promotional opportunities that state government provides!
This is a management legal position. The selected candidate must possess knowledge of the application of legal principles to individual cases or problems and knowledge of court rules and administrative agency procedures. In addition, the Legal Analyst must have the ability to understand and interpret constitutional provisions, statutes, administrative regulations and precedents and to analyze facts, evidence, and precedents and arrive at logical interpretations.
DESCRIPTION OF WORK
This position is responsible for performing legal-support and related administrative work and assisting attorneys in the performance of varied legal assignments. Work primarily involves document review and preparation, the performance of advanced administrative work, as well as legal research and writing. This work involves handling sensitive and confidential matters consistent with the attorney-client privilege.
An employee in this class performs legal research and prepares documents for discovery at the direction and under the supervision of an attorney, who is ultimately responsible for the legal decision or direction of a particular matter.
Interested in learning more? Additional details regarding this position can be found in the .
Work Schedule and Additional Information:
- Full-time employment.
- Work hours are 8:00 am to 4:00 pm, Monday – Friday, with 30-minute lunch.
- Telework: You may have the opportunity to work from home (telework) part-time up to 3 days a week. In order to telework, you must have a securely configured high-speed internet connection. If you are unable to telework, you will have the option to report to the headquarters office in Mechanicsburg.
- Salary: In some cases, the starting salary may be non-negotiable.
- You will receive further communication regarding this position via email. Check your email, including spam/junk folders, for these notices.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, TRAINING & ELIGIBILITY
Minimum Experience and Training Requirements:
- Three years of professional experience in legal research and analysis, and a bachelor’s degree; or
- a Juris Doctor degree from an American Bar Association accredited law school.
- Experience handling and maintaining confidential information
- Good interpersonal skills, including active listening, communication, collaboration and problem-solving.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
Preferred Qualifications (not required):
- Experience with an e-discovery platform such as Relativity or a cloud storage software
- Paralegal experience
- A conditional offer of employment will require submission of criminal history reports at your expense.
- You must pass a background investigation.
How to Apply:
- Resumes, cover letters, and similar documents will not be reviewed, and the information contained therein will not be considered for the purposes of determining your eligibility for the position. Information to support your eligibility for the position must be provided on the application (i.e., relevant, detailed experience/education).
- If you are claiming education in your answers to the supplemental application questions, you must attach a copy of your college transcripts for your claim to be accepted toward meeting the minimum requirements. Unofficial transcripts are acceptable.
- Failure to comply with the above application requirements may eliminate you from consideration for this position.
Telecommunications Relay Service (TRS):
- 711 (hearing and speech disabilities or other individuals).
If you are contacted for an interview and need accommodations due to a disability, please discuss your request for accommodations with the interviewer in advance of your interview date.
The Commonwealth is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. The Commonwealth values inclusion as we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most qualified people to serve the citizens of Pennsylvania. The Commonwealth does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious creed, ancestry, union membership, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, AIDS or HIV status, disability, or any other categories protected by applicable federal or state law. All diverse candidates are encouraged to apply.
Learn more about our Total Rewards by watching this short !
Health & Wellness
We offer multiple health plans so our employees can choose what works best for themselves and their families. Our comprehensive benefits package includes health coverage, vision, dental, and wellness programs.*
Compensation & Financial Planning
We invest in our employees by providing competitive wages and encouraging financial wellness by offering multiple ways to save money and ensure peace of mind including multiple retirement and investment plan options.
We know there’s more to life than just work! Our generous paid leave benefits include paid vacation, paid sick leave, six weeks of paid parental leave, military leave, and paid time off for most major U.S. holidays, as well as flexible work schedules and work-from-home opportunities.*
Values and Culture
We believe in the work we do and provide continual opportunities for our employees to grow and contribute to the greater good. As one of the largest employers in the state, we provide opportunities for internal mobility, professional development, and the opportunity to give back by participating in workplace charitable giving.
Sometimes, it is the little “extras” that make a big difference. Our employees receive special employee-only discounts and rates on a variety of services and memberships.
For more information on all of these Total Rewards benefits, please visit and click on the benefits box.
*Eligibility rules apply.
Expected salary: $52851 – 80372 per year
Location: Mechanicsburg, PA
Job date: Wed, 20 Jul 2022 00:47:34 GMT
Apply for the job now!