Job title: Lecturer/Sr. Lecturer/Principal Lecturer, College of Nursing (Multiple Positions)(PT/FT)
Company: University of Arizona
Job description: Lecturer/Sr. Lecturer/Principal Lecturer, College of Nursing (Multiple Positions)(PT/FT)
Posting Number req10906
Department College of Nursing
Department Website Link https://www.nursing.arizona.edu/
Location UAHS – Tucson
Address 1305 N Martin Ave, Tucson, AZ 85721 USA
Position Highlights Half time up to Full-time positions available. We are seeking Career Track Clinical Faculty to engage in innovative teaching/learning across our prelicensure programs. These would include our Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)(Tucson and Gilbert), Bachelor of Science in Nursing-Integrative Health (BSN-IH) (GIlbert), and Masterâs Entry to Professional Nursing (MEPN)(Tucson and Gilbert). We are able to offer varied FTE depending on the needs of the specific program and the incumbent.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please .
Duties & Responsibilities
- Teach and guide students in clinical theory and practical courses related to assigned program.
- Advise and mentor students across their academic program.
- Negotiate and grow cooperative relationships with practice leaders at clinical experiential learning sites.
- Participate in the planning and assessment of our program(s) through faculty governance and quality
- Develop and maintain academic excellence through practice-relevant inquiry and knowledge dissemination through publications and presentations.
- Maintain clinical practice proficiency by engaging in practice, either directly or indirectly.
- Engage with faculty, the administrative leadership team, and students in furthering the mission and
goals of the College of Nursing. * Participate in special projects and faculty governance activities, as needed.
- There may be additional duties assigned as it relates to this position.
Rank to be determined by FAPT Committee.
To be considered for each rank minimum requirements:
- Eligible for entry or advanced licensure in Arizona.
- Provide evidence/receipt of an Arizona RN license prior to first day of
employment with the College of Nursing.
- Masterâs degree in Nursing or a related field.
- Preparation and clinical experience in a nursing practice role.
- Must meet Lecturer minimums.
- 4 years of experience.
- At least two years of teaching at the baccalaureate or higher level.
- Must meet Senior Lecturer minimums.
- Extensive clinical experience.
- Extensive teaching and curriculum development experience.
Preferred Qualifications All programs: * Doctoral degree in Nursing or a related field. * Experience teaching diverse student populations. * National certification in area of clinical. BSN/MEPN. * Previous experience teaching in an entry to practice nursing program. * Recent direct or indirect nursing practice experience.
Rank To be Determined
Tenure Information Career-Track (CT)
Full Time/Part Time To be Determined
Number of Hours Worked per Week 20 – 40
Job FTE .50 – 1.0
Work Calendar Fiscal
Job Category Faculty
Benefits Eligible Yes – Full Benefits
Rate of Pay DOE
Compensation Type salary at 1.0 full-time equivalency (FTE)
Type of criminal background check required: Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)
Number of Vacancies 10
Target Hire Date
Expected End Date
Contact Information for Candidates Connie Miller | [email protected]
Open Date 7/14/2022
Open Until Filled Yes
Documents Needed to Apply Curriculum Vitae (CV), Cover Letter, and Three Additional Documents
Special Instructions to Applicant Additional document required: 1. Official transcripts 2. Three recommendation letters 3. Proof of RN license in Arizona prior to the first day of employment
Please indicate on your cover letter any of below clinical areas you have working experience in (all that apply) * Adult Medical-Surgical * Case Management/Care Transitions * Community/Population Health * Critical Care * Emergency/Trauma * Health Promotion * Hospice/Palliative Care * Older Adult/Long Term Care * Maternal Newborn * Operating Room/Post Anesthesia Care * Pediatric * Primary Care/Ambulatory Care * Psychiatric/Behavioral Health * Simulation Education
Diversity Statement At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.
Location: Gilbert, AZ
Job date: Sat, 16 Jul 2022 06:03:13 GMT
Apply for the job now!