Job title: Lead WAP Technician
Company: Adex Telecom
Job description: Job Description
Lead WAP Technician
Supervise Team responsible for upgrade of client WAPs (Wireless Access Points) including: wire pulling, pathway construction, telecommunication room build-out, cable terminations, labeling and device mounting, data network equipment and Wireless Access Point equipment mounting.
The ideal candidate will have at least 3 years’ experience leading teams of 2-7 technicians in commercial structured cabling, fiber, must have experience with installing j-hooks, ladder racks and cable tray.
Major Roles and Responsibilities
- Oversee installation of WAP’s, cameras, lift experience
- Install cable pathway systems (cable trays, cable racks, J-hooks or D-rings).
- Install, terminate, test, label and document horizontal, backbone and other cables.
- Dress and route cable into telecommunications closets, modular furniture and other work areas.
- Build out telecommunication and equipment rooms.
- Fire-stop various types of cable penetrations.
- Test, troubleshoot, and document test results for cabling.
- Must have ability to install, terminate and test low voltage cables & fiber optic cables (to include twisted pair cable, coax, power limited tray cable, standard & solid conductor low voltage cable, single mode & multi-mode fiber optic cables).
- Perform other duties as needs arise.
- Document all information on all cable and equipment
- Provide daily reports of work performed to Project Management Team
Requirements of the Lead WAP Technicians
- At least 3 years’ experience in WAP installation and commercial structured cabling: label, pull and dress category 6 (CAT6) Cable
- They must have experience with installing j-hooks, ladder racks and cable tray.
- Must have experience working in MDF / IDF environments.
- 25 pair termination of 110 and 66 blocks is preferred.
- An ability to read blueprints and work independently when needed is required along with experience using a 4 pair tester and Fluke.
- Fiber termination, splicing, and patch panel experience is a must.
- Basic understanding of the BICSI Industry Standards
Knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Ability to lead a team of technicians to ensure work is done correctly, on time, and professionally
- Ability to both provide instructions and listen carefully to follow instructions
- Exhibit a positive attitude
- High attention to detail
- Self-motivated and excellent work ethic
- Demonstrated team work and versatility in integrating into multiple work environments.
- Individual must be able to read and understand instructions in English as well as possess good oral & written communication skills.
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Job date: Fri, 15 Jul 2022 06:36:04 GMT
Apply for the job now!