Job title: Lead Network and System Architect (JD 008)
Company: Innovative Management & Technology Services
Job description: Join a fast-growing company highly experienced in cyber security, cloud computing, virtualization, big data analytics, and project management! IMTS offers competitive compensation, excellent benefits including tuition reimbursement and employer-contributed 401K, and referral bonuses. We work with the best customers at top government agencies.
Location: Carson, CA or Boston MA
Shift/Work Hours: The core hours of operation shall be from 6:00 AM to 2:30 PM or 9:30 AM to 6:00 PM local time.
Security Clearance: Top Secret
Job Description: Project Technical Lead for Network Infrastructure, System Administration, and Help Desk groups.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Architect, diagram, plan, design, and implement as well as re-engineer major network projects to support new initiatives as well as ongoing support of the Networking Infrastructure within and between data centers.
- Serve as the Subject Matter Expert (SME) for all data center network environments.
- Apply expert knowledge of network firewalls, radius authentication, configurations, WAN and LAN architecture, development and diagramming, NAT and troubleshooting, DMZ construction and isolation, VPN technologies, health monitoring, routing protocols, storage infrastructure and all aspects of virtualization.
- Develop processes and programs to enhance network performance and reliability.
- Establish and maintain network analysis and monitoring tools, including fine-tuning, health reporting and alerting.
- Apply security settings and access controls and DISA STIGS and establish a baseline for network devices.
- Create and maintain network infrastructure for both bare-metal and virtual machines with the appropriate LAN, WAN, vLAN, SDN, firewall and load balancer configurations, using both OEM and third-party tools that include virtual network tools (NSX) and services.
- Provision/configure required networking for servers and applications.
- Evaluate, improve, and maintain the information security throughout the data center network infrastructure.
- Monitor and correct network issues and create recovery processes for failures and performance bottlenecks. Provide real time alerts for network problem issues and implement proactive solutions for future problems to include re-design or tech refresh.
- Install, configure, test, and maintain system management tools for all data center network components.
- Proactively ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability
- Monitor and test application performance for potential bottlenecks, identify possible solutions, and work with developers to implement those fixes.
- Maintain security, backup, and redundancy strategies
- Write and maintain custom scripts to increase system efficiency and lower the human intervention time on any tasks, such as automated provisioning of addresses and VLANs with Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS).
- Participate in the design of information and operational support systems
- Provide 4th level support
- Liaise with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution
- Ensure technical documentation exists for all systems and is kept up to date to include inventory and patch levels of all systems to include hostnames, property numbers, IP addresses, enclave, number of cores, number of processors, admin passwords, certificates, and service accounts on a monthly interval.
- Provide real time alerts and dashboard information on network performance and availability.
- Document system configurations to include passwords, access controls, version number, and revision numbers, patch levels, and inventory to include hostnames, TCP/IP addresses, number of processors, and number of cores, memory, and license keys.
- Continually transition knowledge to the Government staff through training and assistance on how to use the technology using industry best practices.
- Provide real-time reporting of provisioned and non-provisioned resources such as bandwidth utilized to include performance metrics for availability, performance, and trends.
- Bachelor’s degree – Six years field related experience may be substituted for Bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum 7 years of experience supporting a wide variety of enterprise infrastructure technologies and implementations, such as enterprise storage, virtual server implementations, SharePoint, data center consolidation and network planning.
- Must possess at least one of the below Certifications
- CCNA Security
- MCSA or MCSE Certified
- HDI-DAST Certified
COVID-19 Policy: IMTS is a federal contractor. As such, we are subject to the Executive Order requiring all employees of federal contractors to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, currently under Federal Court injunction, barring enforcement. New or prospective employees must be prepared to provide proof of complete vaccination or provide a legally recognized exception on the date of their commencement of employment or thereafter should the executive order mandate be put back into effect and enforced. Full vaccination status is defined as being vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved or authorized for emergency use by the FDA.
Reasonable accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs or other legally recognized exceptions, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please contact our HR department and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
Powered by JazzHR
Location: San Antonio, TX
Job date: Wed, 13 Jul 2022 04:14:46 GMT
Apply for the job now!