Job title: Lead Accounting Associate
Job description: At Equitable, our power is in our people.
We’re individuals from different cultures and backgrounds. Those differences make us stronger as a team and a force for good in our communities. Here, you’ll work with dynamic individuals, build your skills, and unleash new ways of working and thinking. Are you ready to join an organization that will help unlock your potential?
This Lead Accounting Associate role will focus on a specific line of business and will oversee policy transactions and ensure timely and accurate reporting to internal and external parties and meeting varying requirements. This role will bring integrity to the accounting process and ensure auditability by producing quality reconciliations. This lead associate will report to department manager and will engage regularly with business partners to research and resolve open items.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Prepare balance sheet reconciliations, ensuring all out of balances are identified at a policy level and aged accordingly
- Partner with business area on the identification and resolution of system and/or reconciliation issues
- Preparation of monthly reconciliations of policy suspense
- Assist management with audit requests and SOX compliance
- Validate transactions were recorded timely and accurately and support the accounting recorded in the ledger
- Prepare and post journal entries, accruals and cash transactions to the ledger
- Ensuring deliverables are accurate and timely
- Identify opportunities for efficiencies
Accounting: Knowledge of accounting methods, processes, and tools; ability to maintain and prepare financial statements and reports using accounting methods and processes.
Cross-functional Collaboration: Knowledge of collaborative techniques and approaches; ability to promote a culture of continuous improvement and working together across functions to solve business problems and meet business goals.
Data Gathering and Analysis: Knowledge of data gathering and analysis tools, techniques and processes; ability to gather and analyze data on the learning needs of a target population.
Decision Making and Critical Thinking: Knowledge of the decision-making process and associated tools and techniques; ability to accurately analyze situations and reach productive decisions based on informed judgment.
Financial Reporting: Knowledge of processes, methods, and tools of financial reporting; ability to create and maintain accurate and thorough financial reports.
Managing Multiple Priorities: Knowledge of effective self-management practices; ability to manage multiple concurrent objectives, projects, groups, or activities, making effective judgments as to prioritizing and time allocation.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion: Demonstrates a commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion by treating everyone with respect and dignity, ensuring all voices are heard and advocating for change.
- Minimum 1 year of general ledger or bookkeeping experience needed
- Confident understanding of journal entry processing, balance sheet and income statement concepts
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines, goals and objectives within assigned time limits
- Knowledge of the Microsoft suite (Excel, Word, etc)
- Insurance industry experience is a plus
At Equitable, we’re a team of over ten thousand strong; committed to helping our clients secure their financial well-being so that they can pursue long and fulfilling lives.
We turn challenges into opportunities by thinking, working, and leading differently – where everyone is a leader. We encourage every employee to leverage their unique talents to become a force for good at Equitable and in their local communities.
We are continuously investing in our people by offering growth, internal mobility, comprehensive compensation and benefits to support overall well-being, flexibility, and a culture of collaboration and teamwork.
We are looking for talented, dedicated, purposeful people who want to make an impact. Join Equitable and pursue a career with purpose.
Equitable is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to our employees, applicants and candidates based on individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disabilities, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information or any other class protected by federal, state and local laws.
NOTE: Equitable participates in the E-Verify program.
If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process or to perform the essential job functions of this position, please contact Human Resources at (212) 314-2211 or email us at .
Location: Charlotte, NC
Job date: Fri, 15 Jul 2022 05:14:47 GMT
Apply for the job now!