Job title: Law Clerk I
Job description: Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the World
Law Clerk I
PAE is seeking a Law Clerk I to join our dynamic team to support the Consumer Protection Branch at the Department of Justice (DOJ) in Washington, DC. You will be responsible for performing complex legal research for the trial attorneys and staff. Additionally, this position is responsible for:
- Conducting privilege and fact-finding document review in Relativity.
- Assisting in preparing draft legal documents, such as motions, briefs, memoranda of law, etc., reviewing documents for relevance and privilege.
- Assisting attorneys with all phases of litigation.
- Handles multiple assignments with varying deadlines and conflicting priorities.
- Plans and organizes work carefully to meet requirements for each stage of the assignment.
- Reviews or edits briefs and other case documents under tight deadlines.
- Corrects erroneous or incomplete citations, references, assertions, and quotations in briefs and other case documents.
- Works closely with attorneys in revising briefs and other case documents leading up to filing deadlines; monitors and addresses last-minute changes.
- Drafts, revises, and finalizes intricate tables of authorities to accompany briefs and other case documents.
- Advises attorneys and other officials on the accuracy and relevancy of citations, quotations, paraphrasing, parenthetical information, and other references.
- Proposes reliable additions of relevant citations and other references for the improvement of the brief.
- Conducts legal research to determine whether cases cited have been affirmed, reversed, or questioned.
- Updates legal authorities accordingly.
- Must be able to obtain a government security clearance.
- Candidate must have law degree or, if currently attending an ABA-accredited law school, have completed at least one year of study.
- Requires demonstrated ability to work independently in a team environment.
- Must have excellent writing skills and oral communication capabilities.
- Requires sound working knowledge of federal and state court systems, legal research procedures, and legal research resources.
- Requires excellent written and oral communication skills and thorough knowledge of legal research tools such as LEXIS and Westlaw.
- Must have hands-on familiarity with a variety of Microsoft Office Suite or other similar business tools.
- Must have at least 1 year of hands-on experience conducting first-level document review in Relativity.
- Must be proactive, organized, and detail-oriented.
- Must work effectively in a collaborative team environment.
- Must communicate effectively with colleagues at all levels.
- CaseMap experience preferred.
Amentum is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
Location: Washington DC
Job date: Fri, 10 Jun 2022 01:49:36 GMT
Apply for the job now!