Job title: Laboratory Director
Company: Laboratory Corporation of America
Job description: Job Summary: The Clinical Lab and Operations Director is accountable for the overall operation and administration of the PGDx clinical laboratory, including provision of timely and accurate test results, compliance with applicable regulation (CLIA, NYSDOH) and accreditation (CAP) requirements, scaling and capacity planning of testing operations through automation solutions workflow improvements, and staffing models. The Clinical Lab and Operations Director partners with R&D, Product Development, Manufacturing, Technology Innovation, Medical Affairs, Regulatory & Quality, and the BioPharma Services teams to ensure optimal development, implementation, and performance of PGDx’s world class products (both distributed kits and CLIA testing services).
- Laboratory Operations
- Drives and supports a high-performance, quality centric, production-minded, team-based positive work environment.
- Works with laboratory leadership to drive a culture of continuous process. improvement, efficiency of operations, and a metrics-based management of testing to ensure best in class testing.
- Guides laboratory leadership in optimizing laboratory workflow efficiency and productivity.
- Works with business and laboratory leaders to ensure cost models (COGS) are in place to recognize and drive towards optimal margins associated with testing.
- Works with laboratory leadership to develop capacity models and infrastructure to support long term scaling of the testing operations.
- Provides leadership in scaling laboratory testing through automation and innovation.
- Key operations stake holder working with sales, manufacturing, supply chain, laboratory operations, and finance in establishing and maintaining Sales & Operations Planning (S&OP) cycle.
- Ensures that dashboards with key performance indicators (KPIs) are in place to define process improvement opportunities and drive a culture of continuous improvement.
- Champions the implementation of a Lean culture using Lean Six Sigma methods for continuous improvement.
- Product Development
- Champions and supports product development efforts to develop and implement new testing methods.
- Provides workflow-related technical guidance to group members and communicates workflow insights to the product development team for process optimization.
- Works with product development team to further enhance method robustness and scalability.
- Provides insights to product development team on customer requirements for testing in a clinical setting to achieve best customer experience.
- Assists in the selection and development of test methodologies and ensures the establishment of test performance specifications (analytical and clinical) to provide quality patient results.
- Partners with product development to develop, enhance, and improve optimal kit configuration and test methodologies that support scaling of laboratory testing processes.
- Oversees technology transfer to laboratory by working with laboratory leadership to develop and implement validation plans and procedures.
- Works with product development and business leaders to define and implement the strategic vision for the development future testing methods and processes.
- Supports the informatics team to further refine the bioinformatics pipeline.
- Product Support
- Supports clinicians, patients, and decentralized laboratories in understanding product use and implementation.
- Works with marketing, sales and business development teams to ensure comprehensive understanding of test modalities.
- Supports decentralized laboratory testing in the implementation of testing workflows.
- Works with key business units to ensure optimal training and implementation of new test methods
- Helps ensure that products are used effectively and serves as scientific resource and expert for test methods.
Labcorp is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer:
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
For more information about how we collect and store your personal data, please see our
Location: Baltimore, MD
Job date: Wed, 13 Jul 2022 22:28:23 GMT
Apply for the job now!