Job title: ISE Lead (Integrated Special Education Team, 2022-2023)
Company: Rocketships Public Schools
Job description: At Rocketship Public Schools, we believe in the infinite possibility of human potential. We believe that every student deserves the right to dream, to discover, and to develop their unique potential. And it is our responsibility and our privilege to unleash the potential inside every Rocketeer we serve. Our non-profit network of public elementary charter schools propels student achievement, develops exceptional educators, and partners with parents who enable high-quality public schools to thrive in their community. We are a collective of parents, teachers, leaders, and students working together to transform the future for underserved communities across our country. At Rocketship Public Schools, we are unleashing potential.
Our Integrated Special Education (ISE) team serves students across all disabilities (mild, moderate, and severe) through an innovative approach to special education that includes co-teaching and deep partnership with our general education partners and other instructional staff. To best serve our Rocketeers with severe needs, we have developed a Specialized Inclusion Program (SIP) that ensures our students can receive the necessary supports and services, while still spending a majority of their time in a general education setting. Through these innovative approaches, Rocketship has been able to realize significant academic gains for Rocketeers with disabilities.
Based in Nashville, TN and reporting to the principal, the ISE lead will complete the job expectations for an ISE Specialist, including, but not limited to, direct special education services, case management and maintaining compliance requirements on campus. The ISE lead will provide case management to a single grade level.
While the ISE lead will primarily support at the campus of his/her caseload, there will be ongoing opportunities throughout the school year for the region to partner based on professional development needs. The ISE lead will partner closely with school leaders, general education teachers, related service providers, the mental health provider and families to ensure consistent, quality services are available to all students.
- Assist in the data collection of functional behavior assessments (FBAs) and developing behavior intervention plans (BIPs) for individual students, both ISE and general ed
- Facilitate staff, family and IEP team meetings to present data collection and assessment findings as well as individualized plan recommendations
- Develop Rising Specialist teachers generating appropriate IEPs and facilitating IEP meetings (i.e. appropriate goals, services, descriptions of present levels).
- Co-facilitate all IEP meetings with Rising Specialists, provide feedback afterward to ensure 100% of meetings are compliant
- Provide staff with consultation, coaching, modeling and professional development sessions to support the implementation of individualized BIPs via weekly grade level team meetings
- Conduct ongoing follow-up assessments, evaluations and observations on the progress of BIPs, reporting new information to staff and families
- Collaborate with school leaders to create a school-wide vision of excellence on special education supports for students’ academic and behavioral needs
- Provide weekly coaching and observation, including feedback meeting, to the general education teachers of priority grade level as well as to Rising Specialists
- Design and facilitate staff-wide professional development related to special education best practices, behavioral management strategies, implementation of BIPs, trauma-informed education and Rocketship’s suite of tiered curriculum
- Adhere to IDEA timelines and State of Tennessee compliance laws and regulations
- Manage and coach all ISE teachers and Paraprofessionals
- Collaborate with the MTSS (multi-tiered systems of support) leader and the school psychologist to ensure appropriate movement between tiers for all students
- Collect and analyze progress monitoring data for students with IEPs as well as students in tiered interventions
- Conduct weekly walkthroughs and professional development planning meetings with the campus MTSS lead, Multi-lingual lead and Mental Health Professional
- Required: Possession of Special Education certification dictated by the state of Tennessee
- At least three years of experience providing special education services in school-based settings
- Experience working with students with a range of disabilities (learning disabilities, emotional and behavioral disorders, autism, etc.)
- Familiarity with special education, IEP team participation and educationally related mental health services and the delivery of such services
- Commitment to Rocketship’s special education inclusion model and overall mission to close the achievement gap within our lifetime
- Familiarity with socio-emotional learning competencies, trauma informed education practices, multi-tiered systems of supports (MTSS), and restorative practices
- Strong organizational skills as demonstrated by the ability to effectively manage multiple tasks and competing priorities
- Perform a variety of specialized and responsible tasks: maintain records, establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with students, parents, other school personnel, meet schedule and compliance deadlines
- Possession of a valid driver’s license: willingness to provide own transportation in conduct of work assignments as you will be required to travel from site to site to work with students and faculty at all sites (mileage reimbursed)
- The ISE lead position will be on the school leader based staff calendar, which includes paid time off for holidays and traditional school breaks.
- Salary is competitive for the area based on education and experience.
- Rocketship provides a competitive benefits package including a 403(b) retirement program, flexible spending account (FSA), medical/dental benefits, partial reimbursement for mileage and phone, paid time off, and professional development opportunities.
Please also request 2 recommendations as part of your application. One should be from your current manager and one may be from any other colleague in the past 3 years.
Rocketship is committed to the health and safety of our Rocketeers and complies with federal and state vaccine guidelines. For this reason, Rocketship is requiring employees in most regions, including National, California, District of Columbia, and Wisconsin employees, to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Tennessee and Texas regions are not included in this requirement. Under this requirement, applicable employees are subject to vaccination as a condition of employment or subject to religious or medical exemptions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, and communicate with both adults and children. The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally climb ladders. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is moderate to high.
Commensurate with qualifications and experience, plus excellent health and welfare benefits, 403b retirement plan, flexible spending account (FSA), and generous paid time off.
Rocketship Public Schools provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Rocketship Public Schools complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Rocketship Public Schools expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Rocketship Public Schools’ employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated. Click here for our and here for our . For questions, concerns, or complaints, please contact Equity/Discrimination Title IX Compliance Officer, Address: 350 Twin Dolphin Drive, Suite 109, Redwood City, CA 94065. Phone: 877-806-0920 ext. 115.
Location: Nashville, TN
Job date: Sat, 09 Jul 2022 23:05:03 GMT
Apply for the job now!