Job title: Investment Banking – Director, Loan Documentation
Company: Mizuho Bank
Job description: ROLE
This hire will sit within Mizuho’s leveraged finance business in a loan documentation execution role working primarily on financial sponsor committed transactions for LBO and acquisition financings. The individual will spend their time on reviewing and helping to negotiate grids and commitment papers and other related documentation. This is a newly created role within the bank.
- This is a newly created role within Mizuho Americas and the person will be part of the leveraged finance team
- He/She will assist in all aspects of committed / acquisition financing loan documentation transaction execution areas, such as review of grids, review and commenting on commitment papers, review and commenting on credit agreements as well
- Work on a variety of financings including Leveraged Buyouts and Acquisition Financing
- Primary focus will be on financial sponsor transactions but also some corporate M&A financings
- Will be an integral part of transaction deal teams and the overall leveraged finance platform
- Ideally, this hire will have an extensive sponsor acquisition financing transaction documentation experience
- Experience at loan documentation including first lien loan and second lien loan commitment papers, bridge papers and related credit agreement documentation
- Background from a law firm active in leveraged finance transaction work for financing sponsor transactions
- Excellent legal technical and analytical skills as it relates to loan documentation
- Great team player and communication skills, coupled with strong written ability
- Ideal candidate would have 4-6 years experience as an associate at at law firm, active in the leveraged financing world
- Assertive and self-confident with a strong work ethic
- Demonstrated team player
- Dynamic, ‘entrepreneurial’ type who is motivated to shape and grow the position and role with a hands on approach
- Action-oriented and responsive
- Good interpersonal skills, ability to build and maintain relationships both internally and externally
- A Bachelor’s degree and Juris Doctor’s degree
Mizuho currently requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to work on-site (unless a legally-required accommodation or exemption has been approved). Mizuho has in place a pilot remote working program, with varying opportunities for remote work depending on the nature of the role, needs of your department, as well as local laws and regulatory obligations.
Mizuho Americas is a leading financial institution comprising several legal entities, which together offer clients corporate and investment banking, financing, securities, treasury services, asset management, research and more. Mizuho’s operations in the Americas connect a broad client base of major corporations, financial institutions and public sector groups to local markets and a vast global network. Mizuho Americas is an integral part of the Japan-based Mizuho Financial Group, Inc. (NYSE: MFG), which is comprised of offices in nearly 40 countries, approximately 60,000 employees, and assets of more than USD 1.8 trillion. Learn more at mizuhoamericas.com.
Mizuho Bank Ltd. offers a competitive total rewards package.
We are an EEO/AA Employer – M/F/Disability/Veteran.
We participate in the E-Verify program.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Location: New York City, NY
Job date: Sat, 07 May 2022 23:04:26 GMT
Apply for the job now!