Job title: Internship – Universal Creative: Facility Design (Fall 2022)
Company: Universal Parks & Resorts
Job description: Fall Semester: Internship dates are approximately from September 2022 to December 2022.
JOB SUMMARY: This internship will provide an opportunity to work alongside Universal Creative’s Facility Design team, assisting with project and design coordination.
- Provide solutions to design coordination, clash resolution, and site/construction issues.
- Assist with review and completion RFIs/submittals in a timely manner.
- Review drawing revisions and ensure that they’re complete with requested changes, while meeting all codes and standards
- Participate in onsite/field visits with team, ensure that built conditions conform with design documents.
- Participate in team update meetings and identify/propose solutions.
- Utilize and maintain schedule and document management to track and report project performance.
- Review architectural drawing packages delivered by the A&E, and other individual tasks requested by the facility design team.
- Ensure that construction work complies with all architectural and engineering standards, codes, specifications, and creative intent.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
- In pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor or Graduate degree at an Accredited Institution with current class standing of Junior or above.
- Recent graduates will not be eligible for this program.
- Minimum cumulative 3.0 GPA is preferred.
- An official transcript will be required upon request.
- Preferred majors include: Architecture, Engineering (Mechanical, Electrical, Civil, Structural), Project Management, Construction Management, Themed Entertainment Design
EXPERIENCE: Prior internship experience related to position is preferred.
Skills for success in role includes but is not limited to:
- Proficiency with Revit, AutoCAD, and Navisworks
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Previous themed entertainment design experience
- Proficiency in BIM360 and Bluebeam
- Experience with Systems Integration
- Experience with hand sketching
Please note the following:
- This internship will be an in-person experience, based in our Orlando offices.
- Interns must be currently pursuing a degree at an accredited university, and must have a graduation date later than November 2022.
- Universal Orlando does not provide housing. Interns are responsible for their own housing and transportation.
- In addition to all of our internships being paid, you may be eligible for financial assistance towards housing if applicable. Specific details about eligibility would be provided at the time of offer.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Orlando via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Orlando HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Orlando. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Orlando as a result of the referral or through other means.
Universal Orlando is an equal opportunity employer. Universal elements and all related indicia TM & © 2022 Universal Studios. All rights reserved.
Location: Orlando, FL
Job date: Fri, 24 Jun 2022 23:11:32 GMT
Apply for the job now!