Job title: Inside Sales / Customer Service – Building Materials
Job description: Company Description
Founded in 1947, Alside is a manufacturer and distributor of vinyl siding and accessories, vinyl windows and patio doors, and fencing and railing products for the residential and commercial remodeling and new construction markets. Alside products are distributed to licensed professional remodeling contractors and home builders through our network of over 100 Supply Centers and also through select independent distributors across the U.S. and Canada. We are proud to be a charter member of the Vinyl Siding Institute, the American Association of Architects, the National Association of Home Builders, and the National Association of the Remodeling Industry.
$20.00 – $24.00 per hour based on experience
The individual in this role will be primarily responsible for serving and supporting our customers though effective use of superior customer service that meets each customer’s unique set of delivery and product requirements.
- Deliver Customer Service by responding to customer needs thoroughly in a timely manner with accuracy and detail:
Develop and maintain a high level of product knowledge
Field and resolve customer issues and questions
Utilize consultative selling skills
- Establish, develop, and service new customer accounts
- Operate in a safe manner and maintain a safe work environment
- Support Supply Center Team in attaining the overall goals and objectives of the business unit.
- Accurate order entry
- Follow and execute any additional direction given by Operations Manager that will assist in obtaining overall goals and objectives of the organization.
- Ability to multi-task and make business decisions in a constantly changing, fast paced environment
- Composed under pressure
- Results Driven
- Self-Motivated and Enthusiastic with a positive attitude
- Service Oriented
- Effective Time Management
- Organized and Detailed Oriented
- Excellent Communication Skills – Written, oral and listening
- Ability to learn and embrace new technology
- Deliver world class customer service experience
- Operate in a safe manner following all company safety policies
- Deliver on Operational Excellent requirements
- Assist in achieving 100% policy compliance
- Assist in obtaining overall goals and objectives of the organization.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- College degree preferred
- Preferably 2 plus years experience in a retail/wholesale environment with a demonstrated success working with customers
- Microsoft Excel, Office and Outlook experience
- General knowledge of the building industry preferred but not required.
- Frequent standing, walking, bending, talking and listening.
- Location specific lifting requirements based on what the field requires.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Recruiters: Please note that Associated Materials, Alside and any of its affiliated companies does not seek or accept unsolicited resumes or offers of recruiting service associated with any published or unpublished employment opportunities. Any unsolicited information sent to AMI or any of its employees will be considered as unencumbered and free from any fee or charge whatsoever. Only members of our Human Resources Team have authority to engage or authorize recruiting services. Any questions regarding recruiting services of any kind must be sent to jobs at associatedmaterials dot com.
Expected salary: $20 – 24 per hour
Location: Harrisburg, PA
Job date: Tue, 19 Jul 2022 22:14:38 GMT
Apply for the job now!